Honestly

LilysMummy

Lily's Mum
Reaction score
PLease be honest with me am I being umm uncaring to Lily :wacko:

Like right now she is next to me on the couch propped up against a cushion kicking her legs about and looking round the room. Shes been doing that for about 15mins is she ok doing this? I dont want to be neglecting her am I just being a div? I dont want to hold her 24/7 so she doesnt get super clingy...

xx

If she's happy then she's fine.

I often leave Aaron in his bouncer, on his playmat, in his pram or propped up on an armchair. After all, life has to go on and housework has to be done! (Yeah right! :rofl:)

It's good for them to exercise their arms and legs and they are learning just by looking around. As long as they get plenty of attention and interaction each day as well, it shouldn't be a problem. They get bored after a while though, so sometimes a change of view might be needed!

So no, I don't think you're being uncaring at all! :hugs:

No you aren't don't be daft hun
She is more than happy :)

i do the same with Adam, i dont like to hold him all the time coz i dont want a clingy baby, he sits happily and kicks about under his play gym, i just make sure i talk to him and that he can see me

x

Thank you ladies :hugs:

Just with two dogs aswell to look after I need my arms to myself for a bit.

xx

have you thought of a sling?

When Adam had had enough of playing and wants to be held i pop him in the sling so i can still get on with houseowork or playing with Coby

x

i have a bright sparks sling, it took a while for Adam to like it but now its fab.
I got it cheap on there website coz the stitching was slightly wrong, they might still have some they are selling off cheap

x

You'll probably both just ignore this (what with me not yet given birth) but if you do some research into attachment parenting and the continuum concept you'll find out that holding your baby all the time won't make them clingy... in fact it will do the opposite. Before crawling age, parents who subscribe to these views have their babies 'in-arms' all day and co-sleep. This way of parenting has proven to bring up unclingy, independent children due to the fact that they don't have to look for attention.
I'm not attacking your way of parenting, just so you know, I'm just giving you another point of view :)

Kaya it a baby that is held a lot, but sometimes she wants her own space so I put her in a bouncer, on her mat or on the sofa. Kaya will lie on her mat for anything between 30 mins and 1 hour for her nappy free time in the morning. Be careful with the sofa though, they can suddenly throw themselves forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->