• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Honeymoon BEFORE wedding?!

angiepie

Reaction score
We are completely untraditional and are having a very small backyard wedding. We need to buy (or rent) a house to do that and it's looking more and more like our date to move away from the city to the country is going to be postponed due to finances. (I just lost my job :(). We have enough money for the wedding and honeymoon, though. So we're thinking of having our honeymoon in March-April as initially planned but postponing our wedding til the spring (say September maybe).

What are your thoughts on this? Our honeymoon is going to be untraditional, too. We are travelling around New Zealand in a campervan. I don't think it'll make much difference if we go before or after the wedding as we've already experienced travelling together plenty of times and have been living together close to 2 1/2 years (so it already feels like we're married :haha:). I suppose I just worry I'll regret it or other people will make me feel bad about it...but atm we're definitely leaning towards honeymoon before wedding.

Opinions?

You should deffo do what you want to do!
Me personally I wouldn't want to and I'm really looking forward to going after! I'm the same with waiting until the following year etc I'd rather go as close to the wedding as possible!

But it's all personal opinion and what's right for you!

I dont think i could, a honeymoon before a wedding is just a holiday lol

^^ this! I think I'd call it my honeymoon and I'd treat it like a honeymoon, but when the wedding came I'd feel "cheated" out of a honeymoon :lol: Although that said, there is nothing to stop you having a weekend away after the wedding as a 'mini-moon' so you get the best of both :thumbup: but ultimately, do whatever you want to do. It shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. I just know how I'd feel about it if it was me :)

^^ this! I think I'd call it my honeymoon and I'd treat it like a honeymoon, but when the wedding came I'd feel "cheated" out of a honeymoon :lol: Although that said, there is nothing to stop you having a weekend away after the wedding as a 'mini-moon' so you get the best of both :thumbup: but ultimately, do whatever you want to do. It shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. I just know how I'd feel about it if it was me :)

I thought of this last night. Maybe we'll go with the campervan holiday beforehand and do a weekend in a hotel or something fancy after the wedding, and we can still get that pretty cheap on a deal website, so it won't cost too much extra. I like that idea.

If you are the type of a person who care about what other people say, waiting for the wedding before you go for the honeymoon will be a good idea. However there is no difference and i believe you can choose what you think makes more sense and will make you happy.

I personally would wait, just because our wedding is going to involve several days away with all our family and after that I'm going to need a holiday! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->