Hope u dont mind me posting in here? May be induced early!

DaisyDuke

Matilda Tasya's mum :)
Reaction score
Hi girls hope no one minds me posting, just have a few questions i hope u can help with. The consultant has mentioned inducing me early? The reason being my baby is on the 3rd percentile and my fluid is dropping quickly. I am soo worried about this. So we have another growth scan a week on monday will be 33 1/2 weeks then, if the fluid has dropped more (which it has done consistently for the last 4 scans) then they will give me the steroid injections and monitor me closely and try to get me to as near as 36 weeks as poss.

What i want to know is if she came between 34-36 would she defo need to go to neo natal? She is small to? If she does will i be allowed to stay in hospital with her? Will she be taken off me? Will i be allowed to bf her? Sorry for so many questions, they just keep going round in my head.

Thanks for reading girls.

XXX

Hello, and welcome :)

Just going off our experience, Poppy was born at 34 weeks and spent two weeks in special care, one of them in an incubator. She needed a little help with her breathing to begin with, then it was just to regulate her temperature and feeding.

I wasn't able to stay in hospital with her unfortunately, but I think it differs depending on the hopsital. I spent every hour of the day with her though, and went home to sleep and that was about it!

I expressed so that Poppy could have my milk in her tube feeds and I also breastfed her at any opportunity ie when she was awake enough at feed time. Sometimes it takes a while for them to get the sucking action right, but we were lucky that Poppy was able to do it from the off :cloud9:

I hope you make it as close to your due date as possible but if not, I am sure you and your LO will be looked after really well and you will both be fine. And there are loads of girls on here with great advice if you need it.

Good luck, let us know how you get on :hugs:

Thanks Bec, how long was it till she came home? How big was she at birth? Where u allowed to bf from day 1? When she was first born was she taken straight off u, if so how long till u were allowed to hold her? Sorry for so many questions :blush:

XXX

i was in hospital from 31 wks with pre eclampsia and given steroids, they induced me at 35 wks.
ellie didnt need special care, she was put in a heated cot as she couldnt maintain her temp and took ages 2 feed cos it wore her out(bf and bottle)
i took her home 1 wk after she was born :cloud9:
i also had a growth scan 2 days b4 she was born cos she was so small and they were worried about restricted growth cos of my pre E, they said she was 3lb 5. she was 5lb so not that small.

Really hope everything goes ok 4 u :hugs:

chrissie x

i was in hospital from 31 wks with pre eclampsia and given steroids, they induced me at 35 wks.
ellie didnt need special care, she was put in a heated cot as she couldnt maintain her temp and took ages 2 feed cos it wore her out(bf and bottle)
i took her home 1 wk after she was born :cloud9:
i also had a growth scan 2 days b4 she was born cos she was so small and they were worried about restricted growth cos of my pre E, they said she was 3lb 5. she was 5lb so not that small.

Really hope everything goes ok 4 u :hugs:

chrissie x

Thank u so much, ur story has filled me with so much hope :hugs: While she was in hospital was she beside u, did u get to stay in with her and care for her? What happened when she was born, was she taken off u or did u get to hold her? XXX

she was checked over and weighed (they check their breathing ok cos they r early) then she was given 2 me. i was very ill from the PE 4 a couple of days in the HDU but she was always with me. i just got the midwifes 2 pass her 2 me so i could BF her.
on day 3 we went 2 transitional care so i could look after her on my own but with midwifes there if i needed them.
she is 4 yrs now and perfect :cloud9:

she was checked over and weighed (they check their breathing ok cos they r early) then she was given 2 me. i was very ill from the PE 4 a couple of days in the HDU but she was always with me. i just got the midwifes 2 pass her 2 me so i could BF her.
on day 3 we went 2 transitional care so i could look after her on my own but with midwifes there if i needed them.
she is 4 yrs now and perfect :cloud9:

Thank u so much for sharing this :hugs:

Jake was born at 34 wks 5lb 6oz and perfect no need for any extra care :cloud9: x

hang in there Daisy ...thinking of you:hugs:

:hugs:

if u want 2 know anything else just ask.
im sure everything will work out 4 u

chrissie x x

Thanks Bec, how long was it till she came home? How big was she at birth? Where u allowed to bf from day 1? When she was first born was she taken straight off u, if so how long till u were allowed to hold her? Sorry for so many questions :blush:

XXX

Poppy was in for 2 weeks, she weighed 5lb 1oz when she was born.
I gave her a very little breastfeed on day 1 and then at least one a day till she came home (gradually increasing to every feed just before she came home)

We held her after she was born very briefly, then they helped her with her breathing (in the same room as us), then we held her for a little bit longer and had some pictures taken :cloud9: then she was taken to special care. A little while after one of the special care nurses came in to update us on how she was and also brought us a photo of her which they'd taken which was really sweet.

We were eventually allowed to go and see her in special care an hour or so after she went in and had a cuddle straight away.

I can't deny it is the hardest thing in the world not feeling like you 'own' your baby, not being able to hold them when you want BUT the main thing is them getting the care they need. I am sure you and your LO will be just fine :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->