Hope you don't mind me posting...

Kristine30

Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
Hi,

I hope you don't mind me posting, I'm sorry if this doesn't read too well, I don't know many details to be honest and don't want to offend.

One of the women from my NCT classes (our first babies are 19 months now) has had a heart attack, surgery, fell into a coma and had to have an emergency c section. Her baby is 25 weeks and he's in NICU. He is 1lb 15oz. I don't know much apart from he's doing okay. She's awake and they are slowly telling her the events of the last week because she doesn't remember much. It's awful because the baby had to be taken to a London hospital 30 miles away and I don't even know if she's seen him yet.

I just wondered if there's anything that I can do?!
I've sent message of love and support and prayers to her closest friends to pass on to her husband and family, but should I send anything for the him/her? I don't know if cards or a small teddy or anything would be wrong at the moment but at the same time I feel I should do something.

I've read a similar post on here, but feel this is different because the mother is sick too and I feel so sorry for the husband (and her toddler) and just confused on what to do....

Sorry for rambling, just feel helpless and looking for some advice and thoughts....

I think it depends how well you know her.

It is a little different because she's sick too. Normally I'd say send a card/teddy or something for baby, it helps preemie moms feel "normal" if that makes sense, but if she hasn't even seen her lo herself yet, I'd wait on that. Just keep doing what you're doing with the messages or support and prayer for now.

EDT: Can you maybe make a hot meal for her HD and toddler, something like that? I'm sure that would help him out, people from our church were bringing us meals when lo was in the NICU and it was a HUGE help.

I agree, meals are wonderful- hospital cafeteria food gets.old very fast. Not sure how well your friend is feeling, but I was given the girl with dragon tattoo book series- it was.nice.having some good books to read while stuck.in.hospital bed. Just having people visit/call/text to say hi was nice... something to keep my mind off things. Maybe some cute preemie outfits, I loved the adorable clothes family brought for my son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->