Hope you don't mind me posting....

ajraye

<3 being a mommy
Reaction score
I am not a premature mother yet but I am 27+5 and having some preterm labor signs and scared to death! Since I am unable to get anything out of my dr I thought that maybe someone here can shed a little light for me...
I am having LOTS AND LOTS of pressure and pain in my "area" as well as cramps. They have already told me that I am high risk for preterm labor and all of that but what are the chances my little one with make it if she was to come into the world soon? :cry::cry::cry: I am terrified and have no one to talk to about this!

hi hun

im mum to at 27+4 little girl whos just turned 2 - and theres loads more here!

First of all i would say get seen ASAP, the quicker you take action, the higher chance your baby will have staying inside. There are things that can stop labour, and steroids for babies lungs. All these depend on timing so go!

If your baby was to come now he/she would have a great chance - they say 27 weeks is that sorta magic week. :shrug: no idea why though!

hi hun

im mum to at 27+4 little girl whos just turned 2 - and theres loads more here!

First of all i would say get seen ASAP, the quicker you take action, the higher chance your baby will have staying inside. There are things that can stop labour, and steroids for babies lungs. All these depend on timing so go!

If your baby was to come now he/she would have a great chance - they say 27 weeks is that sorta magic week. :shrug: no idea why though!

Thank you for your reply! I am getting really upset because I called my dr over an hour ago and still nothing! I called l&d and they said to wait until I hear from the dr :cry: I am freaking out!

How are the cramps - are they regular?

Are you having a boy or a girl? Or do you know?

They should definitely see you to check things out. Are you cramping or is it just pressure? Are you on bedrest right now? Ask about getting the steroid shots for the lungs. I was only able to get one dose of them, but I really think it made a big difference for my little guy. If you have time to get both doses in, that would be great.

I can't comment on your medical issues, but you should know the odds are on your side. Babies at 27 weeks have a 90% survival rate, and the stats get better every day. Those who survive also have a good chance of having no long term problems.

Of course, every baby is different but you do have good reason to be hopeful.

I do agree with those who say you should be banging on the doctor's door.

:hugs:

Are you having a boy or a girl? Or do you know?

They should definitely see you to check things out. Are you cramping or is it just pressure? Are you on bedrest right now? Ask about getting the steroid shots for the lungs. I was only able to get one dose of them, but I really think it made a big difference for my little guy. If you have time to get both doses in, that would be great.

Its a girl. I went in the L&D and got checked out. They said I am not dilating but the baby is low and is separating my pelvic bone (they are pretty sure) I go Wednesday for an ultrasound to see exactly where she is laying and how far down she is. Keep your fingers crossed for me!! :flower:

Oh and also I am on bedrest and not allowed to travel far because if my waters do break I have to get to the hospital asap and get antibiotics because I am Group B Strep +

Good luck, dear. I will be thinking of you.

I have an 8 1/2 month old son who was born at 28.6 weeks, and after 60 days in the NICU, he's doing wonderful. The odds are definitely on your side, and your daughter has a high chance of survival! :hugs:

Hi

I'm mummy to a 27 weeker girl who's now 16.5 months and doing really well :)

I remember all those feelings of fear and panic so well - it was the ladies on this forum who got me through it! As someone else said, 27 weeks does seem to be some sort of magic number if she did come just now - also the longer LO stays inside, the better. They kept telling me that even every half day counts. They also told me that girls tend to be stronger than boys...

Keep us posted - thinking of you xxxx

Hi

I'm mummy to a 27 weeker girl who's now 16.5 months and doing really well :)

I remember all those feelings of fear and panic so well - it was the ladies on this forum who got me through it! As someone else said, 27 weeks does seem to be some sort of magic number if she did come just now - also the longer LO stays inside, the better. They kept telling me that even every half day counts. They also told me that girls tend to be stronger than boys...

Keep us posted - thinking of you xxxx

Thank you for your reply. I am still in a lot of pain but so far my cervix has remained closed :happydance::happydance: Thank goodness! I will be sure to keep all of you ladies up to date on everything that goes on. I am almost.... well afraid to call the doctor or go to the hospital for things. Like I feel as if I am becoming annoying or I don't want to get on their nerves BUT I know I have to for my lo!

Stick with it Hun - it's their job to help you, your LO is most important. And we are always here!!

hello and welcome! Don't be shy about posting or asking questions, the moms here are GREAT and can help with pretty much any topic.

Yep quite a few of us 27 weekers here! It does seem to be a great number :thumbup: Of course as others have said every day inside the womb is a plus! Don't hesitate to bug those doctors, it's your baby's well being :thumbup:

My own guy was born at 27+0, was in the hospital 100+ days and now at a year he's doing GREAT :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->