Hopefully being induce in three weeks

Caroline

Proud Mum of 4
Reaction score
Seen consultant today and he was really nice. He really reassured me that the SPD will not be a problem during birth he's delivered babies with women who can't even open there legs (and i'm not that bad yet). They can do assissted delivery without any problems and if the pain is too bad i can have epidural.

He wants to see me in three weks time and if all ok i will be induced all being well the following day. (unless lo arrives b4 then but thats wishfull thinkig!) Keeping fingers crossed they can do it. Scary thing is that means only 3 weeks to go.

:shock: how can you deliver a ababy with out legs spread???

Anyhoo back to you :D Wow 3 weeks is no time at all is it? I am glad you have a nice consultant and he has managed to reasure you

fingers crossed for you hunny xxx

ooh well done!!!!

So we could be the same week? Perhaps? Or am i week before? i have worked out 14th march if I go from Wednesday and still Breech then,omg it is getting so close isnt it?

well done hun and good luck

Excellent news, hope SPD aint too bad between now and then xx

Jo said:
:shock: how can you deliver a ababy with out legs spread???

I haven't got a clue, but then i'm not trained in these matters :rofl:

If spd gets any worse no doubt i'll be able to fill you in on how its done!

He also told me if it gets too bad then i can be admitted for a few days for complete bed rest, which is kinda nice apart from the fact i can't seem to get comfortable in bed!

Can't wait for 3 weeks time am getting sooo excited. Am that excited am tempted to buy a new pram :rofl: Am gonna buy a few new bits in next i think next week.

Bexxie you will be a week b4 me if you get your c sec [-o< [-o< [-o<

i had spd with Colby but wasnt really bad but was really painfull and what the midwife done with me was everytime i went to see her i had to spread my legs and she measured in cm's how far apart they were before starting to really hurt :shock: the night i got taken in to be induced they done the same but when it came to pushing my legs werent that far apart anyway if that makes any sence well they werent as wide as getting a smear done :lol: :lol: :lol:

good luck girls
xxxxxxx

good luck hope all goes well for you and ur spd get better xx

Last time i saw phsio she measured how for apart i could move my legs withouf pain. I could only get max of 10 degrees. Consultant not concerned. Roll 3 weeks just hope they're happy to do it. Not told work yet as not due to start mat leave till the sat. I'm worried that if i tell them and finish early they won't induce me! If they decide on the Mon they'tr going to i'll ring them and tell them they'll have to get boss in for the week or cancel my appts. The way they've treated me recently i feel i don't owe them any warning. I'm so excited that lo could be here in 3 weeks but can't tell anyone at work.

Ohh good luck! Nearly at the end now.

I think sometime if you have difficulty opening your legs they sort of have you on all fours 'bent over' something to take the weight off you, and when bent over you dont really need to open your legs, I have seen pics of women giving birth in this way with their les as good as closed. Have you tried experimenting with differnt birthing positions to see what you find comfortable? And does the hospital your going to have bean bags and chairs and things in the labour rooms for you to try differnt things on instead of being restricted to a bed?

Think they have bean bags not sure about chairs. TBH i'm just hoping its a quick labour, haven't tried different positions can lay on left side for upto an hour may manage on all fours will poss have to try this. I.m really planning on going with the flow and see what happens. Consultant said could have epi if pain too much and i'm seriously considering this. M/w coming to house to discuss birth plan next thursday.

Looks like you will beat me after all,I want my baby now,just wish i knew when she was coming!

B

We'll see bex. Know what you mean tho i really want this baby ASAP. I hope she decides to put in n appearance b4 i see consultant again :lol: Wishful thinking but can but hope.

Oh I am so pleased for you that is great news!

Make sure you tell them of your SPD when you are delivering, as for some reason, the care I got from the hospital during my pregnancy was ace, but when I was in labour, the only person who had any concern for my SPD and was taking that into consideration was the aneasthetist......he kept going on about it to them , but they STILL put me in stirrups, and I swear this is why my SPD was so bad for so long after delivery!

Anyway, good luck hun! x

Thanks for that Tam, i'll certainly make sure they know. Did you opt for epidural in the end. I'm so unsure now i was adamant i was having one and consultant said i could if was in too much pain but mw was more wary 'cos she said can easily over extend legs and then be in more pain after.

Hope SPD is better now hun, and your're able to enjoy Alfie. Consultanat told me if it didn't resolve after 6 weeks of giving birth you will need physio as your hip is slightly out.

I did Opt for Epi, there is no way I could have got thru it without it as I was pushing AGAIN from 3cms dilated...which caused me many problems last time and is complete agony and almost impossible to stop yourself doing! BUT I was aware that the SPD would be more of an issue as I would not be able to feel things, but as I said, sadly the MW's and consultants were not too fussed about my SPD, only my anaesthetist was, so I was fighting a lost battle and not even he was getting thru to them :(

The SPD is doing so much better now, I still have a clicky hip and every now and again when I walk I feel like my pelvis is going to give way where my hip clicks, but on the whole I feel human again and am enjoying every moment with my little soldier! x

:dance: Yay i'm going to be induced 2morrow. Have to ring in morning at 6am:( and if theres room go in at 7am. If busy will go in later. Hope it works and that by 2morrow night i will have my lo. If it doesn't work will try again onThursday. Consultant said they also be able to break waters if needs be to try to induce.

I'm excited but also a little scared (about the labour bit), but in some ways sad that it will be all over as i enjoy pregnancy. Will be glad to get rid of crutches.

oMG Caroline

fantastic news eh........will be thinking of you hunny,wish it was me too

bex.x

Yeah Caroline!

I bet you must be so excited. Try not to worry, Im sure all will go fine, best of luck xx

Wow good luck caroline ... hope it all goes well for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->