Hoping for a homebirth

Lil-woowoo

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi girls:hi:, I am currently pregnant with baby number 2 and really hoping for a homebirth. I had my booking appointment yesterday with the midwife and told her my wishes. She did mention i would get a home visit about 34 weeks to deem my home was safe for a home birth and also a midwife would come out and tell me all the things that could go wrong :growlmad:(I totally understand that, but really wish she seemed a bit more positive). I am 24 and had my first baby when i was 19 in hospital at 39+2 with no complications though i did have ARM. I must admit i dont know an aweful lot about homebirths only really what ive seen on television, if anyone could recommend any books, websites etc i would really appreciate it xx

I've learned most of everything I know off of this website so I would recommend this one! :) What I haven't learned on here I've learned through my hypnobirthing practioner and her recommending me to AIMS. Here is a website with some amazing books that you definitely need to get. The main information it gives you is all about your rights but knowing about your right, IMO, will give you more confidence to know what you want to do.

https://www.aims.org.uk/pubs3.htm#HomeBirth

Good luck hon, I'm planning my first HB this time too, with bub #3!

Congrats and good luck!
Best advice is get an amazing midwife and get heaps of support :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back