hoq many days after birth will my milk dry up?

Melisa1985

Reaction score
how long before they dry up?? i started leaking today, gave birth on the 16th, they became painful rocks on the 18th. so what day should i count from, and how long will i leak?? how long till it dries up? how many days?( not breast feeding)

It verys :( do things like tight sports bra and when you shower don't let the water run on your boobs and things like that

You can take some sage capsules to help dry up the milk. If I recall correctly, when I was drying up after weaning I took 3 or 4 capsules a couple of times a day. Also, you can get cool cabbage leaves and place them in your bra next to your breasts. Leave them in until they are warm and wilted. Then replace them. If your breasts become too engorged for too long, you can develop mastitis, which is a very painful infection. I would recommend pumping or hand expressing just a little bit of milk once or twice a day to relieve the hard pressure. Not much, though, because they will produce to replace it. All in all, it could take as much as 3 weeks for them to stop producing, but hopefully with the cabbage and sage it might happen faster. Good luck!

Mine dried up and were pain-free within about a week. I
just used cold cabbage leaves in my bra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->