Hormone blood tests

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I have been ttc for just about 4 years now. I’ve been to the fertility clinic and told I didn’t ovulate but my bmi was too high for clomid and to lose weight. I have the symptoms of PCOS but no cysts and blood is fine but...everywhere I look it says those tests should be done on cd3 but my blood tests were done randomly, I don’t think I’ve even had one done near cd3.

My periods are very irregular and can be as far as 100 days apart. I don’t ovulate and sometimes I spot between periods and the lead up to my period. At the minute I’m cd38 and have been spotting for 9 days. My last period was a combination of spotting and light flow which I’ve never ever had. I feel like somethings got to be wrong. My hormones have got to be off but they have all been fine. But like I said I’ve never had my blood taken on cd3 like the things I’ve read.

My doctors are really unhelpful I don’t think they listen to anything I say I feel like sometimes I know more than them when it comes to fertility and I think if i went in and asked for a blood test on cd3 they would just tell me the timing wouldn’t matter...but does it? Would it really impact the results if it was done on a different day later in the cycle. Most of my blood tests have been later in the cycle I’ve never had one anywhere near cd3.

When I have ovulated using vitex and soy my lp is from 8-10 days but they stopped working for me so now I’m back to wonky non ovulation cycles.

Dang sorry you are dealing with this. I am not the best one to answer this but didn't want to read and run! I know that NATURAL progesterone cream can help with a short luteal phase but if the docs say your hormones look fine then maybe it isn't necessary. I agree something isn't right. A high bmi and a very low bmi can cause period problems. Good luck with it all hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->