Hormone levels normal- should I ovulate normally?

Kmariee

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have never tracked my O (just bought some OPK's to start next cycle) but I have always had a regular 27 day cycle. I had my hormone levels tested (to try and explain my hormonal cystic acne) and all of my levels were perfect. Knowing this information, can I assume that I would ovulate every month around my 14th day? And assume that I would be fertile enough to conceive? All of my regular blood results from a health screen came back perfect, including my thyroid hormone also.

We havent started TTC yet, but I just have an anxiety about not being able to.

I also take multivitamins daily as well as Maca root.

I think it's safe to assume that you're ovulating regularly until you come up with any evidence to suggest that you aren't (because it's a possibility to bleed regularly but still not be ovulating). So I think the OPKs will help provide one half of the story - they tell you if your body is gearing up to ovulate or not. You may also want to track your basal body temperature every morning because the fluctuations in temperature and seeing different shifts throughout your cycle can give you an idea of whether or not you've actually ovulated. I would also take a prenatal vitamin with folate or make sure your multivitamin has it (most have folic acid, which is fine, but folate is the natural form whereas folic acid is synthetic).

I think it's safe to assume that you're ovulating regularly until you come up with any evidence to suggest that you aren't (because it's a possibility to bleed regularly but still not be ovulating). So I think the OPKs will help provide one half of the story - they tell you if your body is gearing up to ovulate or not. You may also want to track your basal body temperature every morning because the fluctuations in temperature and seeing different shifts throughout your cycle can give you an idea of whether or not you've actually ovulated. I would also take a prenatal vitamin with folate or make sure your multivitamin has it (most have folic acid, which is fine, but folate is the natural form whereas folic acid is synthetic).

Thank you!! Once I get AF I will start tracking my BBT as well as using OPK's after AF. When is the best time to take your BBT? Does it have to be the same time every day or just when i wake up?

I know my multivitamin has some form of folic acid but im not sure which so id have to double check.

Thank you!! Once I get AF I will start tracking my BBT as well as using OPK's after AF. When is the best time to take your BBT? Does it have to be the same time every day or just when i wake up?

I know my multivitamin has some form of folic acid but im not sure which so id have to double check.

No problem! I believe that you are supposed to wake up around the same time every morning for your BBT to be the most accurate. There are other wearable devices that track your temperature for you, but they tend to be more of an investment than your typical BBT thermometer. I use the Ava bracelet, which monitors everything overnight so I don't have to wake up at the same time every morning to get an accurate read. If you're interested in Ava, there are discount codes or you can get it with a payment plan to break up the cost. Some other wearables that I know of are Temp Drop and OvuSense. Temp Drop is worn higher up on the arm and OvuSense is inserted vaginally, which isn't something I'd want to wear every night. So do your homework! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->