Hormones or what?

StarAngel

Reaction score
Ok today was a rough day for me emotionally, I am hormonal as hell. I am feeling fed up with being pregnant and not being able to do regular things. Today I felt fragile and irratable. I spoke to my partner about how I was feeling he was understanding and said he could 'see' hormones affecting me today. What I forgot to mention was I have been awake til 4/5 am most nights feeling both uncomfortable some nights and anxious other nights. So tonight I asked him politely would he stay awake with me awhile so I don't feel so lonely. He did but was sulking cos of it. I never asked him this before so its not a regular occurence. Anyway he kept suggesting things to do to help me fall asleep things I had already tried. He started getting more and more frustrated that I wouldnt try them again that it started a fight. I was crying so hard cos he couldnt see how tired I was and how lonely I felt. He kept telling me its my hormones, granted they are to blame for some of it but he was shouting at me because I was refusing to 'take his help'... I got so worked up and kept asking him to leave me be which he wouldn't but then he blames me for it all. I will take responsebility for some of it but not all of it. Turned out he got annoyed cos he doesnt like staying awake at night (go figure) and I wouldnt try his suggestions. Whats your insight in all this?

I can understand the hormonal side of things, but from his point of view I can understand too. He's suggesting things to try and help yet you're refusing to even try them? Personally if they weren't unreasonable suggestions and I hadn't already tried them, I'd humour him and try - it may actually benefit you of they work so I don't see the harm in it. He's probably wondering why you won't accept his help instead of expecting him to stay up with you. Both of you being tired isn't going to help the situation. I get the loneliness too, my oh always falls asleep before me but I just read or play on the iPad to occupy myself. :flower:

Thanks ellahopesky was def lesson learned. I was so exhausted at that point I just relented. I know it was prob an unreasonable request coming from me so will refrain from doing that again. Wouldn't mind I was just starting to feel myself again but the last week hormones are back with a vengence. He did say he was getting frustrated he couldn't help which I understand too. Will invest in some light reading for night times I think.

I don't have any advice, but I'm sending some massive hugs your way! I've recently had a bucket load of hormones dumped on me & I go from being really irritable, to wanting to bawl my eyes out! I just can't cope with them sometimes. All I want is to be with my Husband, play a video game & chill with some company. Except, he has things to do! Like work, or watching a football game. Most of the time, he will indulge me, if he can.. And that's so sweet of him.. But any time something else needs to be done & I feel so put out. Like I'm not important etc. My rational mind knows this is ridiculous! But my hormonal side makes me into a bit of a brat :/ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->