Hormones out of whack?

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
I think maybe I have a hormone problem. The thing is I am not sure if its just a cop -out to blame it on hormones.
I have been having some anxiety attacks and days where I suddenly feel down, not just sad but really down, its lasts about 2 or 3 days, I feel anxious, weepy, just sad, like my "joy" button got put on mute. It's been happening about once a month now.

I am staying at home with DS2 who has a severe egg allergy because I am too scared to trust anyone with his care. I don't love staying at home, I find it hard never having a break from the kids. DS2 is in daycare from 8-1pm, and the afternoons are long and hot. I am sure that contributes but I don't think its just that. I also have days where I can't stop thinking about death. As in how many years each person has left, what the point of life is, not in a G-D forbid suicidal way but just in a time perspective way. There have been a lot of deaths around us lately which hasn't helped. I am a person of faith, and I know that there is purpose in this world and our time in it, I just cant seem to put these thoughts at rest.

The weirdest thing is I am a pretty put together person, don't feel anxious even with high stress and am usually positive and upbeat so this is all very scary for me. okay hope I don't sound like a psycho. I have spoken to DH about this and he is very supportive, he really thinks its a hormonal thing.
He said if he thought I was depressed he would tell me right away, so not to worry about that.
I

:hugs: I would maybe head to the doctors and discuss it with them. I'm no expert but I know depression can show in different ways. It could be because you have had a lot going on with your DS but I would go to the doctor and discuss it with them. I've been there and I know it's not nice feeling like that I had slight PND after my son was born :flower:

:hugs: I would maybe head to the doctors and discuss it with them. I'm no expert but I know depression can show in different ways. It could be because you have had a lot going on with your DS but I would go to the doctor and discuss it with them. I've been there and I know it's not nice feeling like that I had slight PND after my son was born :flower:

maybe its really late pnd :nope:
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back