• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Horrendous back/pelvis pain at 16 weeks pregnant :(

Summerbabyx

Reaction score
Hiya girls,
As the title says I am 16 weeks pregnant (yay!) but I am really suffering with back, and pelvis pain. It's getting to the point where I can't walk down the road without being in excruciating pain, tmi but all my girly area (pelvis) is throbbing, like it feels as if my organs are just going to drop out of me! 😨
Laying down is a no no because once I'm down I can't get up! It's just agony!
Even lifting a bottle causes me a lot of pain and I've also noticed I get electric all down my left leg at times aswel :(
This pregnancy has been so tough, I've only, this week gotten over hyperemesis gravidarum so I've attended hospital twice to be put on a drip :(
My main worry is that if I'm getting this back pain now at only 16 weeks will it be likely to get even worse as my pregnancy progresses? I have a little 3 year old girl and don't remember having pain like this so early on!
I'm seeing the doc Wednesday but was just wondering if anyone is experiencing or has experienced this before at all and how they coped with work and things?
Sorry for the long moan 😢
Thanks so much in advance!!
Jodie x

Could it be SPD? I say because you said getting up once you're lying down is hard and I know it can be like that. I don't know much about it otherwise but I know loads of ladies on here do plus your doctor can advise you.
I also have really bad back pain though and I have since the beginning of the pregnancy, one thing I'll say is that it hasn't really worsened as baby grows though so yours may not get worse just because it's bad now - sometimes it's pain caused by ligaments loosening with hormones and not actually the weight of your uterus per se, so don't panic too much that it's going to get steadily worse.
Don't be afraid to take paracetamol if it helps with the pain.

I would see an osteopath. It's possible it's SPD or sciatica or could be SI joint dysfunction, both can be inflamed by SPD (I've had SI dysfunction since my first pregnancy). In my experience, the GP is pretty useless when it comes to back pain, but my osteopath was fantastic. She did some massage to loosen it all up and adjusted my pelvis which was out of alignment (causing the pain and swelling) and suggested some stretches which pretty much kept me feeling well enough to not need to go back to her. For me stretches and gentle exercise kept the pain mostly at bay after (swimming helped so much). So that would be my suggestion.

That's sounds like it could be SPD unfortunately, I've only just been diagnosed with it myself a few days ago l, also my second pregnancy. You can get it in any pregnancy although according to my doctor, it's more common after your first. Sorry for asking tmi but do you find your girly bits burning at all? Or any pain in the inside of your thighs? Can also cause your joints to grind which you'll hear although I'm yet to get this, it's a common symptom. Also back and hip pain. You have my sympathies, it's incredibly frustrating and painful. Definitely see the doctor and if is SPD, get them to refer to physio. Osteopathics are also good, better than physio's, I've never been but some of the women on here have said how much they've helped. Only thing is, they tend to be expensive. Good luck and feel better!

Thank you all so much for your advice! I have made an appointment to go to the doctors today as a little walk this morning has left me feeling paralyzed! I cannot move without crying!
I've been reading up on spd and it sure seems like I have every symptom so I'm certain it's that, thanks girls 😘
I'll ask for a referral or myself search for an oesteopath and see if I can get some time off work 😥
Oh yes Fire_fly I have a stinging sensation aswel and have pain in my inner thighs! Feels like their being weighed down by something? It really is the worst isn't it!
Hope you feel better! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->