horrible MW & shes lied on my notes

MrsGards

Reaction score
Ive had my 36 week app today, (im 35+4) and my midwife is on holiday. I saw this new midwife who didnt even tell me what her name was. She took my blood pressure in silence and has written it is 130/40!!! She then said "on the couch" so i went over, she pointed to my left side, gave my 7 year old daughter the doppler and said "go on then"!! My dd and I made a joint effort and found the HB while the midwife was writing in my notes but at no point did she look at the doppler to see what the reading was but has written 140 in my notes. She didnt measure my stomach but has written 35cms, she didnt feel baby but has written that baby is engaged!!! :dohh:

Ive been left feeling really unhappy and severely unimpressed by this :nope:

What shall I do? I asked at the reception desk if my midwife is back for my next appointment in 2 weeks and she said yes.. and i certainly wasnt the only person who had asked that today so im led to believe that she's upset a few people today.

Am I out of order asking to be seen again tomorrow by a different midwife? I feel okay and as you would expect at nearly 36 weeks, baby seems to be moving fine, but i have got quite swollen feet which are incredibly painful at times (it woke me up in the night last night). I mentioned it to this midwife today who said "its common" and that was it, i was ushered out before i had even had chance to put my notes back in my handbag. :(

Thats ridiculous!
She shouldnt just make stuff up on your notes -.-
Id ask to see someone else so they can do everything properly :)

Urgh what a horrible experience.

First of all I would be putting a complaint in, she hasn't checked the things she is obliged to check and has made no effort to make sure you are well.

Second - yes absolutely book another appointment. You deserve to be seen properly.

I think you should ask to see someone else AND make a complaint to the practice manager!

I can't believe this - she should be reported to the senior midwife or trust complaint board. As a health professional I know only too well that it is illegal to falsify medical notes - which is exactly what she has done if she didn't measure your tummy.

As for BP - how do you know it wasn't 130/70, could she have counted beats on Doppler (my midwife doesn't use one with a counter)? No matter what - she cannot possibly have known your fundal height without using a measuring tape so she has falsified your records.

who would I complain to as shes not the normal midwife at the surgery? Is there such thing as a senior midwife to talk to?

I will ring up in the morning and ask to be seen tomorrow, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt being silly and over hormonal. Thankyou x

Every midwifery service has a senior midwife - even if this midwife is on the staff bank. Your local maternity unit/hospital will have a complaints procedure - google the trust website and it may help locate its complaints procedure. You send a letter of complaint to them with details of the midwife and they will make contact with her line manager who will then discuss with her and take action as required.

I can't believe this - she should be reported to the senior midwife or trust complaint board. As a health professional I know only too well that it is illegal to falsify medical notes - which is exactly what she has done if she didn't measure your tummy.

As for BP - how do you know it wasn't 130/70, could she have counted beats on Doppler (my midwife doesn't use one with a counter)? No matter what - she cannot possibly have known your fundal height without using a measuring tape so she has falsified your records.

my bp is written in my notes as 130/40 and she has signed next to it!

my bp is written in my notes as 130/40 and she has signed next to it!

Sorry didn't see that was a 40 - unlikely then!!

exactly, its been consistantly 118/70 to 120/65 so i found it unusual it could now be 130/40.

Yikes! How awful. Sorry your appt went like that! I would definitely be making a call.

That's terrible! You can't make stuff up like that, what if you had high blood pressure or the baby wasn't measuring right... It's dangerous! Definitely complain, you could help someone else falling foul of her aswell. Urgh

Can you attend a drop in midwife session? I go to these when I can't see my mw at my gp. They can be booked at children's centres and walk in centres. I would certainly ask to be seen again that is shocking! Xxx

I'd definitely put a written complaint in, nothing gets fine if nobody makes it formal.

Shocking and actually dangerous of her to be so lazy with her checks! X

That is disgusting she definitely needs reporting, the nhs have a service called PALS which deal with all complaints if you go to there website you should be able to get the number for your local branch. Nhs direct can also help with complaints and may be able to discuss arranging a new appointment.

I agree with everyone here. Report her. She didn't do her job at all!!

I hope you have been seen properly now. Deffo make a complaint x

I would report her! And definitely call your usual midwife when she gets back and ask her if she would please re-do that check up

I called this morning and explained how unhappy I was amd I was given an appointment straight away with a different midwife who was lovely, she did all the checks and everything was completely normal and everything differed to yesterday. She also told me about PALS and how to complain. She saod it was completely unacceptable and that I should complain. She also suggested writing in to the head midwife so this horrible midwife from yesterday won't be the one to come to my house as im planning a home birth. I spent such a long time last night worrying about asking for.another appointment and tht they would think I was stupid, I cried once I'd got off the.phone to.them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->