Horrible periods coming off the pill?

poetgal

Reaction score
Ladies, have any of you had far worse periods after stopping the pill to TTC? I remember them being moderately heavy before I went on the pill, but then things calmed down a little after I started taking it. I've always had horrible cramps, but I've managed. Now that I'm off I am a hot mess. TMI but: I had spotting for three days, no spotting for one day, and then out of nowhere this really heavy period just came on the next day. Today is day three of this nonsense and I'm absolutely miserable. I've had rough cramps, and I feel like I'm constantly worried about bleeding through. I've literally just taken showers and stood there for ten minutes trying to let it pass. Doesn't work.

Are there any of you who have dealt with this? Any tips on how to stop this freaking period? I have to work later and am not looking forward to it.

(P.S. I also became allergic to tampons a few years ago, and the way my cervix is I have been afraid to try the menstrual cup. Using pads during this time has been so uncomfortable and gross, honestly)

Sounds like your hormones are readjusting. As far as why it seems worse I don't know. It's normal to have weird spotting when coming off BCP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->