horrid sudden pain-worried

Uvlollypop

finally a mum
Reaction score
today i have had a sudden 'ripping' sensation in my left side really low down it REALLY hurts and when it happens (its happend 3 times today) i go dizzy and cant move cause it hurts so much...

i have an emergency docs appointment for 415 so providing my scan dont over run i should make it..

am worried (ive listen to the babys heartbeat its ok)

anyone else had this

I haven't had that but I hope everything is ok!! :hugs:

Haven't had it either but hope all is ok! :hugs:

I had what felt like pulling pains...anyway, let us know how you get on and good luck.

I am sure it will be just ligaments or something hun.....try not to worry too much. Hope the scan and docs goes well!!

I agree with Anja hun, its prob just ligaments stretching or something but you are doing the right thing by getting it checked out. Hope everything is ok for you

xx

ive had ligament pain and this is diff it happens with no warning and is very sharp and sudden...:S

Oh I don't know what to say. I've all kinds of feelings, some really painful, on and off since the start so I would say it's probably just more of the stretching etc even though it feels new to you.

You have your scan though so they will be able to tell you everything is ok sooner than the doc. Best of luck, thinking of you. :hugs:

Easier said than done but try not to worry yourself as you will stress and make things worse. Maybe mention it when you have your scan? xxx

I had this exact same thing about 2 weeks or so ago... i was trying to roll over onto my back from my side in bed to get up, and felt a really strong ripping sensation right low down on my left side, almost where your leg joins your body. It hurt like nothing I've ever felt before and took my breath away.

It was bank holiday weekend, so I rang the delivery suite and they said it was quite probably a torn muscle/ligament and not much you can do about it. It's happened a couple of times since, once when standing up from sitting, and once when I leant over funny when I was washing up!

So I would say it's unlikely to be anything serious, but worth getting checked out just in case!

:hug:

I had this exact same thing about 2 weeks or so ago... i was trying to roll over onto my back from my side in bed to get up, and felt a really strong ripping sensation right low down on my left side, almost where your leg joins your body. It hurt like nothing I've ever felt before and took my breath away.

It was bank holiday weekend, so I rang the delivery suite and they said it was quite probably a torn muscle/ligament and not much you can do about it. It's happened a couple of times since, once when standing up from sitting, and once when I leant over funny when I was washing up!

So I would say it's unlikely to be anything serious, but worth getting checked out just in case!

:hug:

i read abut it actually when it happened it was almost the sames as what you described its really scary!!
ill mention it at my scan

thanks girls x

I hope you will be alright UVlolly. It could be all sorts of things that aren't serious but hurt terribly. thinking of you today.
x

i just got back from the doctor, he has no idea about the pain! great, he said if it happens again or gets worse go back and go from there

Well the important thing is little bean is ok! Can't wait to see the pics.

That is great news Molly!!! So happy everything is ok!! :hugs:

UVlollypop, I am happy to hear that everything is ok! :)

I don't know if what I continue to experience is quite the same thing... but when I go from laying on my side to change positions I get this VERY tight sharp pain in my right side very low, at my hip closer to my pelvic area, I will have to go back to my original position as it is so incredibly discomforting... I wonder if the three of us are experiencing the same pain?

I do hope your feeling much better and the pain subsides! x0x Keep us posted!

Obviously I'm much newer to this pregnancy malarky than you UV, given that I'm all of oh 4 and a half weeks! - but could it be that you have pulled a muscle or something like that? In all the guff I've been pulling up on Google since I found I've seen a few times that you need to be really careful as you can pull, tear or stretch muscles more easily than normal because a hormone - relaxin I think? - is released.

I've got a dodgy back and I know I can knock it off kilter by simple things like bending down to unplug the tv! Maybe you've done something similar without realising?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->