Horrific day - my cat

C

Ceejay123

So I used to have two cats, Alice and jolene. Don't ask about the names haha. They're both the most loving cats I have ever met. Alice died around 18 months ago, her kidneys shut down due to being poisoned - I was pregnant and heartbroken.

Six months later, jolene was rushed into the vets - shed been poisoned. She recovered thankfully After a lot of care and £600 in vets bills. Riley can pull her, throw her and she'll just purr and go back for more.

So now... I was washing the pots earlier and I hear this awful cry... Jolene is seizing in the middle of my garden! I had to rush her to the vets in a blanket, carting my 18 month old with me as nobody else was in. She seized for a full 45 minutes.
Turns out shes been poisoned with antifreeze. Third time in 2 years.

I don't think she'll make it, she's seized for 3 hours now :cry: so far the bill is £350 for one night including drips and medications, and if she does (small chance) stay in for the week, that'll skyrocket :( nothing I can do because I love my cat too much to refuse. I got my dog insured 3 weeks ago too, and thought 'ill sort jolenes out next week when I get a chance' but haven't thought about it.

I've got to wait until tomorrow to find out how she's doing overnight. I've been told to not expect miracles.

Oh my i could never imagine!

People dont understand how much our cats mean to us and its despicable that anyone could poison them. I keep my cat indoors hes never been out and i feel bad for him but i dont trust people. I hope she pulls through i will keep you in my thoughts!

xx

So sorry hun, hope Jolene pulls through! Why do people feel the need to poison cats? There are so many products out there that will deter cats from their gardens but wont harm them.xx

:cry: I hope little Jolene makes it. Who could? It tears me apart that pathetic excuses for people exist like that, and right on your doorstep. Have you told the police? You never know. This piece of crap needs to be found.

I'm so sorry :hugs:

There's no houses near us which is weird - down the private drive there's only five houses as we're surrounded by a kids play park. :( two of the neighbours have their own cats, one was heard saying the other day he wishes his dog would tear my next door neighbours cat to pieces! Sick piece of scum. X

Oh no! :(. Hope she makes a turn for the better tonight :hugs:

Oh sweetheart I am so sorry, who would do such an awful thing to a poor cat :( That makes me incredibly sad, I really hope she pulls through. Defiantly report it to the police, I really cant get over how or why someone would do such a thing. BIG HUGS xxxx

Oh Hun I hope she pulls through. Wish I could get my hands on the people that do this makes me sick xx

Same day my sisters dog has collapsed with heat stroke and is in the vets overnight hoping she makes it :( hard times.

Thanks for the words of support guys x

I really hope she pulls through! I don't understand who poisons a cat.

How awful! Why anyone would do such an awful thing to a poor little cat is beyond me.

I hope she is ok.

https://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad296/cderrs/db26ed004bb1dd013e058004d495b9f0_zpsb0e927ca.jpg

This was taken the other day.

I am so sorry to hear that Hun thinking of you, Rip Jolene. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"