Horrific nausea

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My sickness is out of control 😫I literally feel sick from the second I wake up to the minute I go to bed. It's horrible. If I eat it helps a bit but pretty much 20 minutes after I feel sick again.

Any suggestions? I read about ginger but really don't like the smell or taste. I'm eating like a horse to banish the sickness.

Thanks x

Caz, I really feel for you. I've bee like this for about 4/5 weeks now, except I get a bit of relief from waking until mid morning.

Pretty much nothing but sucking midget gems or wine gums has helped and even then it lasts 15/20 mins!

Counting the days until second tri x

Lemonade has been my saving grace so far I have all day sickness and ive lost 12 lbs from it. I also chew peppermint gum.

I had terrible nausea and sickness from week five to week twentyone. Its just awful and nothing i did make me feel better. The only relief I got was sleeping. Just massive massive hugs its so so hard.

Lemonade and wine gums. Thanks ladies. Going to ask to work from home tomorrow as my commute is 1 hour 40 each way on the train and it's pretty tough.

Appreciate the empathy ladies - good to know I'm not alone but it helps that it gives me hope that baby is ok x

That's one heck of a commute. I can imagine that's really not very pleasant for you. Do your work know? I told my boss last week when I got back from an extended Christmas break because my nausea was fairly bad but had a few days of respite during the week so wasn't so bad. Honestly don't know how I'm going to cope tomorrow, I'm rough as anything today, dry heaving the lot 😢

Speak to your doctor and see if you can have a product called Diclectin (Diclegis in the USA...not sure what it goes by in UK). It's a combo of vitamin b6 and Doxylamine in a slow release tab. It's prescribed to woman to help with severe nausea and vomiting in pregnancy.

If you can't get it there, try some vitamin b6. I've heard woman say it alone has helped. Just takes a few days to kick in.

Thanks ladies. Luckily I'm only in the office 1-2 days a week and work at home the rest of the time. Am hoping i feel better soon! I work for a friend so we will tell him but after two miscarriages in the last 18 months we are a bit nervous about telling anyone x

I KNOW! From week 6-10 I was horribly nauseated 24/7 and beyond exhausted on top of it. It was absolute HELL. I had nothing like this with my first. Nothing helped either except a bit of Emitrol (maybe 1/4 - 1/2 dose) every now and then. It was enough to make me never want to be pregnant again. :(
Hang in there... It's supposed to get better. Mine has eased but every time I cough, sneeze, or clear my throat I gag like crazy. Gah.

I used Sea Bands to help with the nausea and sucked on sour candy. Really though sometimes giving in to the hunger is the only thing that helps. Eat slow and eat only what you can tolerate, even if it is the same thing 100x. You can make up for the lack of nutrients in the later trimesters. Also thirst can be transmitted as hunger so be sure you're drinking plenty of fluids. Hope this helps and may you feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->