Horrified by PayPal

LittlePants

Reaction score
I am absolutely disgusted. I have always thought of PayPal's charges as OTT, but this is almost immoral!
I just sold a laptop on ebay, with 100% of the profits going to the Make a Wish Foundation charity (My grandson has cancer and has just been granted a wish)
The laptop sold for £119. Enay refunds their fees, pro rata, when you make a donation to charity - fair enough - no ebay fees. However, ebay insists that you offer PayPal as a method of payment, so of course that;s what nearly everyone uses. My PayPal charges were nearly £5, and that has NOT been refused. What's more, the donation, which goes through ebay from my PayPal account to the Charity, will also carry the same charge again to the Charity. So PayPal makes £5 out of me, and takes £5 of the donation I make to the charity for themselves!:devil:
I really feel that PayPal should NOT be profiting out of donations. Has anyone else had a similar situation?
I am just sooooo disgusted and angry!

Can you mark the payment as 'gift' to avoid fees?

I once sold a load of stuff and 30% went to SANDS and the PP charges were a joke.

PP made nearly £17 from me alone.

They are twats!!!

V xxx

Do you know PPals terms and conditions are longer than Hamlet.
They are a terrible company, only interested in profit and most certainly not customer let alone charitable courses.

Personally I dont use them, or ebay for that matter. Though it does cause problems when it comes to trying to sell stuff, id rather have no money and give my stuff to charity than pay them

PayPal are robbing twats..... but Ebay owns PayPal so it doesn't matter which of them take the money!

I've stopped using paypal, and probably wont use Ebay any more either!

that's pretty bad!!!

That's disgusting! As others have said PayPal are a very greedy company and only think of themselves! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->