hospital dental referal plzzzzzzzz help

xkissyx

Reaction score
i am in absalute agony i suffer with chronic ear infections and lately they are getting 10 times worse and i think its linked to rotten wisdom tooth roots still left in my jaw.
does anyone know if my GP would be able to refer me to the hospital for some dental treatment??

i am absalutly terified of dentists due to sevral childhood traumas involving this tooth and 1 close by (it has been drilled and filled 3 times) the last time i had dental work i had a sedation and 6 injections which really didn't help as i ended up head butting the dentist due to prolonged agony while he was doing the work he had to leave the root in because when he pulled the tooth to extract it the tooth decided to crack and there was plenty of blood also i was screaming with pain and really couldn't continue.

i have a high pain tollenrence as i've broke several bones several time and that is pure pain.

if anyone has any ideas , advice or any info i would greatly appreciate it

thanks xxxx

:hugs:
Im terrified of the dentist too for similar reasons, Im not sure about the policy of the area u live in, but here the doctor told me to ring NHS24 helpline and that they could get me an emergency app with the hospital dentist if i wasnt registered or couldnt get an app at a dentist, etc.
Good luck
xxx

thank-you xx here there is an emergancy number i call and they get me an appoinment with a dentist within 10 miles and its a 1 off appoinment and they won't use sedation and butcher and rush the job as they are only given 20mins to treat each emergancy patient.... i am in desperate need of 2 surgical extractions i might try calling the emergancy dental service and see if there's anything at all they can do my GP is great tho he's very understanding ....

there is a special suite at the local hospital for dental treatment i'm just very unsure as to how i can get an appoinment there

hey sweetie it does need to be your dentist who refers you hun. All they will do is check in your mouth then youll be on your way and they forward a letter on xxx

thanks hun but since moving here to manchester i've been unable to get a dentist i have an appoinment with doctor tomz so i'll talk to him about this i'm hoping he'll be able to do summat x

University Dental Hospital of Manchester
By phone: Monday to Friday 9-5pm
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 6666
Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6776

By post: University Dental Hospital of Manchester
Higher Cambridge Street
Manchester
M15 6FH

Department numbers
Children's/Orthodontics: 0161 275 6612
Cleft Lip and Palate: 0161 275 6795
Dental Access Centre: 0161 306 1576
Dental casualty: 0161 275 6682
Oral Medicine/Periodontology: 0161 275 6632
Oral Surgery: 0161 275 6652
Private patients: 0161 275 8933
Restorative (first floor): 0161 275 6642
Restorative (ground Floor): 0161 275 6672
Student desk: 0161 275 6780
X-Ray: 0161 275 6692

What about the number for Dental casualty? There is a private patients (?) number too.

thanks ladies i have managed to get an appoinment to have a full check-up and looks like they'll be putting me to sleep afterall as i explained that sedations and injections have no effect on me and she reassured me he wouldn't go pokin around and will simply take an xray and reffer me to hospital for a sergical extraction of roots and tooth i'm so happy this will finally be sorted i wouldn't like to have to go through this when i get pregnant xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->