Hospital for HG.. Again!

Aw Hun, I hope you feel better. Don't get down about the things you said, we all say things and think things when we are extremely sick or under duress that we don't really mean. You can't hold a moment where you were sick and weak against yourself, anyone would wish for the sickness to go !

Sandy- I am really sorry you are struggling with hg too. I haven't 'met' anyone else yet who is also going through hg. I have been to the hospital twice for treatment and probably will go back tomorrow. The weight loss is scary- nothing fits me.
Do you find the drugs help you at all? I was so adamant about not taking drugs but I have no choice as I look and feel as if I'm dying. Dr. upped me to highest dose of Zofran. :( Haven't kept down a meal all week and water is impossible, along with vitamins.

I also had the same thoughts you have and said so to my OH the other day. I couldn't help it. I told him I hate being pregnant, (and it is so terrible as I've had miscarriages before and I should be grateful). I'm just not coping well. I think it is normal with how miserable we are feeling.

I'm only 8 weeks. This started at 5. My hope is since you are further along this is going to let up for you very soon. Take extra good care~

I feel for you, I truly do. I suffered from HG with 3 of my 6 pregnancies, including this one. I hate taking meds for fear of harming the baby but with two toddlers to care for I can't be in bed 24/7 or hugging the toilet during my entire waking hours. I really wish that more doctors would take HG seriously before their patient is hospitalized and I hope in future they research into it more so there are safer options for women who have to suffer with it. I am currently taking Diclegis which is 100% safe for pregnancy and I have to say it has helped dramatically, but I still have times where I just can't shake the nausea no matter what. HG is no fun and can make any woman wish she never gotten pregnant in the first place... believe me it happens to all of us at least once. I send you lots of hugs and hope that it passes for you soon.

Thanks so much MissC. I am sorry you have suffered through this 3 times. You are amazingly strong! So glad the drug is working well for you and that is great it is totally safe. I am worried about the high dosage of Zofran but I have no choice as nothing else worked and they said my health is in danger from not keeping water down.

I never really knew about hg before. I had very bad ms last pregnancy (ended in loss), but never imagined it could get this bad. Truly unreal.

Sandy- I seriously ditto everything you said. i hope you have a lot of help at home with your toddler.
My mom is ill, I pray I get better soon so I can take proper care of her.
Thanks again and praying for both of you~

Oh ladies, you have my utter sympathy, HG is absolutely awful!

I suffered with it severely whilst I was pregnant with my daughter, it didn't go until I gave birth! Thankfully Ondansatron (Zofran) made it manageable, but they only gave that to me after my 3rd hospital admission. It wasn;t a cure, but at least I could eat and drink some what, so it was a god send.

Thankfully I haven't got HG with this pregnancy, I've got regular morning sickness this time, which I will happily put up with after the trauma of dealing with HG last time.

I hope you all get some relief soon! :flower:

I had HG during first trimester too! Was hospitalized for 3 days severely dehydrated. I was on 3 diff meds: diclectin, zofran and maxeran and some days it didn't even help. Happy to report though that it vanished over night at around 12 weeks and I've felt fabulous ever since! No meds at all. I know how awful it can be. Been there done that and said all that same shit. Don't even worry about what u said it's perfectly normal. It should end soon try to hang in there it's absolute hell I know. I hope it ends soon for you. Pm me if u want to chat xx

Thank you both so much! Vicki- so glad to hear you do not have hg in this pregancy. Beautiful baby photo by the way! :)
Laila- that made me laugh.. The crazy s-it I say-- you are right, not to feel badly for it. The thoughts that come into my head when hg is at its worst. I seriously thought I was crazy for ever trying to get pg again (have had 2 losses). It is torture.
I'm so happy to hear your's went away out of the blue at 12 weeks! That gives us hope. Thank you.

Sandy- sure hope you are feeling at least a little better today. Sleep is my only relief and I felt good this morning the first few moments after waking...like a normal person again. I am so grateful for those few non-suffering moments each day!

I was not diagnosed with HG, but wanted to let you know you certainly are not alone in feeling/thinking/saying things like you don't want to be pregnant! I have severe nausea/vomiting but my doctor never mentioned HG. I was only in the hospital once, was on two anti-nausea meds (phenergan and diclectin), but did NOT lose weight. The meds kept me from vomiting much, did not touch the nausea but my body seems to respond to my being sick/taking meds by clinging to every ounce of fat I consume, even if it was just chicken broth!

During my weeks of severe nausea/vomiting (stopped meds at 20ish weeks, but nausea remains), I cried too many times to count and told my husband repeatedly I did not want to be pregnant, and I was completely unable to think of the baby as a baby. When I got through the worst of the nausea and became less foggy, I was wracked with guilt for my thoughts but everyone has assured me and I want to assure you- you're not alone and its okay to think that!!! I no longer feel guilty and I'm absolutely delighted to meet my little man soon. Feeling so severely sick just wears on you and takes you into an ugly, black mind space. I hope you find relief soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->