Hospital has me worried

SleepyBaby

Reaction score
hey :)

I went for 12 week scan today and it was great, baby waved and kicked, even jumped up and down, amazing to see!

After app i was asked to go to front desk to get 20 week scan appointment so i did and was told " sorry we have no appointments here ( its a short 20 mins away), the closest hospital we work with are full as well ( its half an hour drive away ) but the furthest away hospital ( one hour drive ) away has one so we will just send you there" i dont drive so taxi's and bus's are used, but going an hour away i couldnt afford a taxi and id get lost on a bus! then i was told because i have to go to a different hospital i would still have to attend that hospital a few days later for a "20 week talk" and to get my blood results put into my notes?! I asked the receptionst to help me out, i dont have transport so its going to be a whole mission to get there and back and she said she will talk to someone to see if it can be changed and phone me back on monday so fingers crossed!

Ok so i can sort something out, its not the end of the world, but and this is a big one, what if i reach 40 weeks go into labour and get told, nope sorry you need to get yourself back there for help?!

Again, an hours drive isnt that bad, until you take into account with my first i had a huge Post partum hemmoragh and with my second she came out arm first so they had to fix her arm back in before i broke it pushing her out! they also sent me home 3 times with my second labour as the first stage lasted a week getting stronger then laying off a bit! also when it came to pushing with both the pushing lasted around 15 minutes, so an hour away is scary!

its a bit early to be worrying about labour but its really stressing me out!

this is more of a rant than anything im just worried !

How far away is your local hospital? am i being a full drama queen over an hour drive? i was so happy with scan just to be poked out of my little bubble :cry:

:hugs:I don't think you're being a drama queen at all. An hour on the bus or taxi is a huge deal and I would be adamant about getting booked somewhere closer. My hospital is about 20-30 minutes away depending on traffic

Speak to your midwife. Hopefully you just had a jobsworth, and the local hospital can be more flexible and fit you in.

I'd like to think your midwife would fight your corner on this :flower:

Congrats on a good scan! :)

I was at the booking appointment in the hospital so i know im booked in there but apparntly they had a thing with two other hospitals where they can pass on patients if they get to full, its really bothering me :S this is my 3rd baby the second two where both born n the hospital with nothing like this happening before, no room for 20 week appointment you have to go to far away then come here a few days later?!

It does sound ridiculous. Maybe it suits people who live towards the other hospitals, but given you're so far from the other one and can't drive, they really must take this into account.
They are making it difficult for you. I really think if you raise it with people that have powers to change it, they will find a way to fit you in.
:flower: don't worry

I don't understand? A twenty week scan doesnt have to be performed at 20 weeks exactly, could she not just have booked you in a few weeks earlier or later wither side? My first 20 week was done at 18 weeks, with my second not until 23 weeks!

I'd discuss your concerns however in regards to labour with someone in charge, I'm not sure who that would be but go through your midwife.

My hospital for my two was about an hour away, took about 2 on the bus (I hate public transport) but I was induced both times so didn't need to worry about that, they also had the 'sharing' of patients, but it never affected me x x

I'd be worried about the hospital distance too if I was in your situation. My hospital is a half hour away and I'm nervous about that for baby #2. It was fine with my first since she was an induction but I would prefer to not induce this time if avoidable. Hopefully you can straighten out your situition to something you are comfortable with.

The hospital phoned back today to confirm they have no appointment around the time needed -.- so i asked her to make it a week early or a week or two late and she gave me one 9 days after the one i got in the far away appointment, confused as to why she didnt do it in the first place but hey ho, lots happier about it now :D

Oh how weird. Mine send a letter x my closest hosp is 45min drive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->