Hospital lockdown - Norovirus (UK)

Amour

Reaction score
Ladies in the UK, are your hospitals still on lockdown due to Norovirus?

Have you been told when its likely to be lifted? I think it's been going on since about December if not before.

TIA

Mine isn't (or at least it wasn't a couple of weeks ago).

Yep - mine is - but I'm actually quite glad and hoping it stays that way.

There's only one hour a day for visitors and even then you're only allowed one person.

Suits me great as I was wondering how to tell people taht they can't come to the hospital - I just want it to be the 3 of us!

Nope business as usual at mine yesterday.

I had noro just before Xmas, as did DS DH and my mum, very very unpleasant lol!!!

I didn't even know UK hospitals had restrictions due to Noro. Il ask my midwife about my hospital tomo. Thanks for the heads up.

I had it about 2 years ago, I hardly ever ever get sickness bugs, but that knocked me of my feet. I dread to think what it could do to a newborn :-(

My local hospital has had a few wards on lock down since before Christmas but we were up there yesterday and there were no restrictions I could see.

That's east Surrey hospital

My local hospital has had a few wards on lock down since before Christmas but we were up there yesterday and there were no restrictions I could see.

That's east Surrey hospital
I'm east surrey and as I posted they're being very strict with the maternity wards. (& ICU and NICU)

not in my area but at the moment my whole family have norovirus except me and I'm praying to god that they get over it soon, I dont catch it and that baby stays inside until they are over it!

Yep - mine is - but I'm actually quite glad and hoping it stays that way.

There's only one hour a day for visitors and even then you're only allowed one person.

Suits me great as I was wondering how to tell people taht they can't come to the hospital - I just want it to be the 3 of us!
Hehe me too.

I'm in London.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"