Hospital stay!

ttcgirl

Reaction score
how long did you stay in hospital when you had your premature baby?!!

i've never had a baby, but i was prem and my mum was in for 10days then i got to go home

I was in hospital for six days before I gave birth then for two days afterwards. There are rooms that parents can stay in within the SCBU if required but that's only an option if your little one is very sick. You get to room in for a couple of days just before you get your little one home. I will be doing that very soon!

xx

I was in for 7 days before he arrived and home 48hrs later as I found it was really horrible going out of my room in the maternity ward and seeing/hearing everyone else with their babies whilst mine wasn't with me. Thereagain going home and leaving him in the hospital has been just as hard just in a different way. Can't wait to get him home!!

with my first premmie i was in hospital for 5 days (had a c section) then 7 1/2 weeks later i stayed over night the day before she came home.
With my second i stayed in for 4 days and again 3 weeks later i stayed over night the day before he came home.

With Jake he was born at 34 wks and we both left at 10 days ...i was ready to go at 3 days but they kept me due to social services havin nowhere for me to live ...i was 14 at the time i am so greatful i got to stay in with him

I was in for 2 nights, Poppy was in for 2 weeks. I got to stay for the last 2 nights of her stay but that was it. Would have given anything to have stayed in hospital with her but they didn't offer the facility in the hospital :( Leaving her every night was the hardest thing we have ever had to do.

I was in for 7 days before he arrived and home 48hrs later as I found it was really horrible going out of my room in the maternity ward and seeing/hearing everyone else with their babies whilst mine wasn't with me. Thereagain going home and leaving him in the hospital has been just as hard just in a different way. Can't wait to get him home!!

I knowexactly how you feel.. Jack wasnt premeture but he wasnt feeding well at first and the hospital wanted him on a drip so he was in the SCBU and i was in a ward. Such a horrible feeling being away from your baby while all the other mums have theres. Even though its just down the corridor its heart breaking.
And as for getting home, belive e u will never be happier to see your house! Big hugs for you all :hugs:

I was in the hospital 4 days, and Noah 67 days. I stayed on hospital grounds at a house that is there for parents of sick children, was a life saver.

I was in for 7 days, Molly was on for 47 days x

I was in for 3 weeks but my hospital was miles away from where i lived this was with my last dd with my other 2 i was in 7 days.

I was in for 10 days-but I had 4 of those in Intensive care and the rest on labour ward then postnatal.
oh, and Brooke was in for 5 weeks :-(

Evie was born at 34 weeks and we were in for 3 weeks and two days I was really luck as I was trying to breast feed I was allocated a flat on the SCBU unit

I was in for 4 days after Abby was born. I could have stayed another 4, but they filled my ward with ladies with babies and I just couldn't deal with it.

I would have liked to have stayed longer but they had no other bed for me.

I had an emergency section under general anaesthetic so the healing process is still ongoing (2 weeks have now passed) But I didn't really start to feel better til I went home, to my own bed and a decent meal!

We go to the hospital every day to see her and I hate to leave. It is worse because I have to rely on my husband to drive us there, but TBH if I didn't I'd probably spend too much time there!

2 days after Maxson was born I was allowed to go home. He was transferred to a different hospital as the one I delivered at did not have a NICU, so I was very excited to get out of there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->