Hospital today

Nikkinoonoo

Mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Hello ladies,
Today we had to take Jessie to an orthapaedic hospital place just next to
Great portland street station London.
We met her consultant there, Miss Eastwood who seemed nice enough and answered our questions. Firstly Jess was sent for and Xray as she hasnt had one since just after she was born, not much was said about that.
Miss Eastwood said that whta is likely to happen is that she will need a partial amputation on her "foot bit" so will be a smooth finish to fit her false leg to. they said she will probably only be on hospital for days, maybe a week. Less than I expected!!
We asked if this was all available on the NHS and was told it was, but like NHS glasses, they do the job, but are not the 'best'.
We will be hopefully setting up a fund for Jess if we cant get compensation from the hospital for her prosthetics. They do different legs for different things, walking, running, even a party leg where the foot is positioned for wearing a high heeled shoe. Of course I want her to have one of each when she has stopped growing and that will cost!
We was also assured again that it wasn't anything I did or didn't do during my pregnancy that caused this, and that altho they can't guarentee that lightening doesn't strike twice, they can't guarentee it. She was pretty optimistic tho that future pregnancies will be fine.
Shaun works for Royal Mail so we have contacted his union rep to try and get legal representation for out battle with Ealing hospital. We should hear from them ithin 3 weeks.
We have to go to St Marys hospital on Monday to discuss with her consultant there, what Miss Eastwood said today and I think maybe find out who will be caring for her with regards to the amputation etc.
So we didn't really find out anything we didn't already know, but going to these places make you realise how lucky you are.
My baby has to go for this amputation but looking around that waiting room at some of the other kiddies in there ripped my heart in two. You really don't have to look far to find someone worse off than yourself :cry:
Well done if you read all that, Kinda keeping these posts as my reference on here too so I can remember what has been said.
Thanks for listening
xXx

Ah glad the appointment went well hun:hugs:

Do they know when they're going to take Jessica in?

:hugs: she's a strong little girl and i'm sure she'll do well even with all of the set backs she has and will face. All our love to you hun, hang in there. Hope you get justice when fighting for compensation

xxx

:hugs:
I'm glad it went well hun...
We're all thinking of you two girls! :hugs:

Thanks ladies :)

They said that they would be doing her amputation at 10/11/12 months as this will be when she will be needing the foot for standing and toddling. It's quite scary that it could be as soon as 6 months away. I'm dreading it to be honest. I just cant imagine taking my baby into hospital to have a bit cut off of her :cry: It's going to be a very trying time

xXx

:hug:

I hope the hospital gives in and settles so Jessie can have the best x

have been wondering how jessie was sweetie :hugs: glad it was a positive appiontment though, you're both so brave, big hugs to both of you :hugs: i too hope you get the compensation you so deserve :hugs:

glad it went well, hope you get good news RE the compensation :)

Ahhh mate glad to hear you kind of found out whats going to happen!
I think setting up a fund for her is a great idea as every mum just wants the best for her kids.
I facebooked you just now to see how you got on but realised I might as well check on here and voila I found out.
Good luck with the case against the hospital you deserve some sort of compensation most definately.
xxx

Thanks ladies :)

They said that they would be doing her amputation at 10/11/12 months as this will be when she will be needing the foot for standing and toddling. It's quite scary that it could be as soon as 6 months away. I'm dreading it to be honest. I just cant imagine taking my baby into hospital to have a bit cut off of her :cry: It's going to be a very trying time

xXx

And we'll be thinking of you all every step of the way hun :hugs:

:hugs: to little Jessica :) Glad to hear things went well xx

huge :hug: hun x x x
sounds like it went well

hope u get the compo we are all here for u x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members