Hospital !!

Kayles1/8/08

Reaction score
I heard you need to bring absoloutely everything of ur own into the hospital now..because of the odd jake that steals .. why?
Is it true u bring all ur own blankets now? just incase i dont go in with any lol
although i think i'd prefer to have my own..just curious if thats true anyway!

x

You don't HAVE TO take your own blankets, but you CAN. Yes, you take everything of your own into the hospital. When I was in they were moaning about people not bringing the right stuff. To be honest, they're not very informative about what you should take. I hope my midwife gives me a list to check I have everything! Doubt she will though.

Just take everything you think you'll need. If worst comes to worst, they do have supplies!

yeah i thinki would prefer it was my own blankets..my friends cousin had a baby a few months ago and they wrapped her in a ripped scabby towel because karyn had no blankets with her :|! Dont really want that to happen lol

If they did that I'd kick off so badddd. My hospitals good though. Being there made me see that.

OMG! Thats crazy! We dont have to take anything here. They supply almost everything. And people take it all too! They even GAVE us stuff to take!! :rofl:
They supplied pads and everything for me! (Sorry if TMI), plus gave me more to take!
Then they gave us like 30 of the 2oz disposable bottles that they use at the hospital! Plus we took like 2 of their receiving blankets, some of the baby shirts, his booger sucker and thermometer, all his little hospital hats. Plus, like I said, almost 2 weeks worth of pads for me!

I cannot believe they dont even supply you blankets!! I took a bag of stuff with me but didn't end up needing anything except my shampoo (dont like the little cheapie kinds they supply), socks, and then like my brush, toothbrush, etc.

yeah..i can imagine what its like in glasgow though..they'd steal off there granny! :-|
i take it u went to anti-natal classes then? i was thinking about going but its just the whole partner thing i'm a bit confused about .. is it really all like mums and dads that go along..thats if u did even go am just assuming lol

The hospital systems are different in different countries.. Ours is pretty poor.

That was for toria that message lol
Ur lucky then marchbaby... just the joys of being glasweigen..lol we dont get anything!!
not saying i steal baby blankets in my spare time loplol

Nah I havn't been. Havn't even been told about them. I was in hospital with a pre eclampsia scare though. Was there for 3 days. They're so good in there. I was jealous of everyone having their babies. Wish she'd get a move on!!

Oooooh! I'm sorry. I never thought about that. I guess I could understand their dilemma then.
The only thing I would make sure is that it's not blankets and stuff that you really care about. Especially, like me, if you have to have your waters broke, and then I bled alot, etc. It would have been bad!

LOL i didn't mean my own bed blankets n stuff! just for the baby i meant
did u go to the ante-natal classes ??
what do uze 2 get up to all week then? Im not working at the mo..off sick..feel as though every day is lasting about a year!! need amusement :|
x

I'm not working ATM either. I probably won't now untill bumps a few years old. I'm pretty good at amusing myself but I like reading. Plus I'm slightly addicted to this site. Too big to care if I'm bored now tbh. Going to start going on long walks again next week. Even if they hurt, they might make labour easier!

how far along are u actually? just realised it says 3rd trimester! lucky thing :(
yeah i dont have the internet in my house at the mo..only up my mums!
godddd i get bored :-|

32 weeks tomorrow. Wish she would get a move on!! I could quite happily have her at 36 weeks. Obviously, if she was ready, not before. How far are you?

arghh..:| ur so lucky!!
I'm 22 weeks..23 on wednesday..
im so jelous of you!!
also my friend is due on tuesday..:( makes me so jelous!

My friends due on the 19th of April. I'm still jealous of people further than me now! I wish I was 38 weeks. :(

Yep March, the US spends twice the amount per birth than any other country. Since for the majority of people the insurance company pays the bill, the hospital is more than happy to give stuff away.

I think somedays...its went in really quick...
But then seeing everyone else about to drop makes me feel like im years away :(
Is this ur first baby too ? :)

I wouldnt worry about antenatals - I have to go to all of mine on my own and I am hoping there will be some other woman on their own too!

I think somedays...its went in really quick...
But then seeing everyone else about to drop makes me feel like im years away :(
Is this ur first baby too ? :)

Yep, first baby. Unplanned just like yours. Still, gotta make the most of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->