Hot baths

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Is it safe to take hot baths?

I took one last night and really needed to ease myself into it. I wasn't in it very long but once I came out I realized my bump was red!

Is it okay or could it have done damage?

I think your surposed to be careful the temp of your bath Hun i always just had mine warm like you would a babies ! Ask your midwife what the guidelines are iam sure baby is grand in there ! Xxx

I have read that you should try not to have it so hot that you have to ease yourself into it. The water needs to be close to your body temperature meaning that it can be hot but you shouldn't have to adjust to the heat. Sounds like it was too hot. I am fairly certain you didn't do any damage with one bath, just don't make a habit out of it now that you know better.

Thanks ladies.

I'm really worried that it could have caused the baby damage!

Don't worry! This is more of a concern during the 1st tri when the baby's vital organs and systems are developing. At this point your baby has fully developed and is just putting on more weight, practicing breathing etc; As long as you were in there for less than 10 mins, you should be good! :)

Don't worry! This is more of a concern during the 1st tri when the baby's vital organs and systems are developing. At this point your baby has fully developed and is just putting on more weight, practicing breathing etc; As long as you were in there for less than 10 mins, you should be good! :)

Thank you! Really puts my mind at ease!

I love hot hot baths but have had just warm bath's since found out expecting again. I think it's to do with the baby overheating, same as exercising, if your roasting hot then the baby will be too.

I have been having hot baths this entire pregnancy, every night. My body has ached the whole time and the only way I get sleep at night is a hot bath. If I feel like I am sweating in the tub then I will add cold water as I dont want my temp to rise to much, I think thats where the problem lies...when your body temp rises to much. I think as long as you ae not sweating then you should be fine!

Thanks ladies. When I started sweating I ran cold water and cooled off too!

I'm pretty guilty of having my bath too hot... As the other ladies said just try not to make it too warm next time although when your aching all over a hot bath is just the ticket. It's better then any pain relief medicine for me.

Xxx

I take one almost every single day. my doctor has recommended them to me to help with back pain and pelvic pressure. he has also recommended a heating pad too. I think the main concern with the baths is more in the first trimester, but even them I think they are still ok just probably wouldn't suggest everyday in first tri!

I have had one pretty much every day in the 3rd trimester, couldn't be without them :) 🛀🛀🛀

I'm a fan of listening to your body. Yes, it's true, hot baths are generally a bad idea. Like a PP said, if it's so hot that you're not comfortable just getting in it, it's probably a little too hot. However, you're body's going to react if it's too hot. You'll be sweating, very likely light-headed, and ready to get out within 5 minutes (or less) if it's really too hot. Rule of thumb, according to my doctor is don't cover your bump for a hotter bath and don't stay in for more than 10 minutes.

You didn't cause brain damage from one hot bath. No worries ;) Bring it up to your OB or midwife at your next appointment; I'm sure you'll be reassured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->