hot dogs and lunch meats

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
anyone knwo when they are ok to give? I did give Jasmine a little bit of hot dog cut up one day, she didnt seem to mind.

Im not planning on feeding her hotdogs every day... haha... dont worry

I would say if it's cut up really well because they are a choking hazard after age 1, just not often since it's processed meats. We try not to do lunch meat that is packaged because of all the added preservatives and crap from when it's processed. Hot dogs the boys love but we just don't have them often at all. We buy lunch meat from the deli counter instead...we started giving that before age 1

Yeah my doctor says no to hot dogs because they are a choking hazard like she said ^.

I give Helena deli meats all the time, like ham or chicken/turkey breast.

We haven't given hot dogs yet but Hannah does occasionally have luncheon meats

Iv never given my little man hotdogs yet my childminder did as a treat...and that last month...im sure as a treat they are fine! x

hm ya I cut them up really good and she didnt see to have a problem... She is handling hard foods really well though.

Hot dogs are very salty although I have given Hebe a whole one (no bun) at my nephew's birthday party and she wolfed it down! :lol: I've just this week given her some cooked ham but again I'll only do that occasionally as they are so salty. :)

My daughter had them after 18 months,she has them ocasionally,hot dogs every 2 months and cold meats every week or two for breakfast.

zanes had hot dogs and he likes them and we give all his meat cut up and hes not had a problem as he chews the life outa them lol

he also has ham and loves it

we give Bethany deli meats but not hotdogs. i find them too salty for me so im not going to give her them yet, maybe when she is older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->