Hotdogs and mayo

Nina83

Cherry Garcia
Reaction score
I'm usually not a big hotdog fan, but these past days I really want a hotdog.
We're having a BBQ next week and that's pretty much all I'm looking forward to. Is it OK to have just one?

And mayo, we never use it at home, whenever I make potato salad I usually just use mustard and vinegar, sometimes I just add 1 tbsp. of mayo, which I buy specially in a tiny jar.
I'm looking for some substitute, we don't have miracle whip, and sour cream or anything else dairy can't be used. I don't like it extra creamy, just, something to it.
I am really craving a good potato salad!

Absolutly fine, mayo is fine aslong as its shop bought rather than home made due to shop bought being pasturised x

I was told hot dogs are safe as long as fully cooked, and mayo from the store is safe since it is pasteurized.

Thanks, I thought all mayo was bad!
I actually had a sandwich with some at work and only afterwards realized it was maybe bad!
Doesn't matter, right now I'm craving kettle chips :/

Mayo is made with raw egg, which I have read is not good for baby. I am sure as long as it is pasteurized or Miracle Whip, you will be fine. And hot dogs should be fine, and agreed above, as long as they are cooked :)

My Doctor told me to buy the nitrate free/preservative free hot dogs. Did that and had two this past week...it was heaven! lol

Yes. Avoid the nitrates and perservatives. If you can't it's better if you abstain right now. :(

I found some low nitrate hot dogs and they were fabulous, so I've been having those. Mayo sounds okay if it's pasteurized. Definitely a well cooked hot dog. Ahh now I want one charred on a grill.

I ate a hot dog a few weeks ago, as long as its cooked I'm sure its fine. I eat Mayo all the time (I love mayo and ketchup on Fries) as long as its in a jar its fine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->