House alarm

lau86

Reaction score
Do you use one and if so do you recommend it and how much does it cost? More burglaries seem to be happening round here and I'm often on my own so just feel like I should look into it.

I'm in the US, so I doubt they have the same brands there, but I use one . We pay $42 per month and it's worth it to me. We've never had a break in, but it's just nice to be able to know what's going on in the house, and know that the police will be notified if someone breaks in.

We have a house alarm, installed many years ago (it's the type that just sounds an alarm if triggered rather than contact someone). We only set it when we go away.

We recently installed cctv after DH set up self employed and has a van full of £1000s worth of tools. The cctv was around £150 for 4 HD cameras plus a recorder. We fitted it ourselves.

ETA: The cctv connects to the TV so you can see what's going on. You can also connect to it via your phone when you are out & about.

We have a house alarm, installed many years ago (it's the type that just sounds an alarm if triggered rather than contact someone). We only set it when we go away.

We recently installed cctv after DH set up self employed and has a van full of £1000s worth of tools. The cctv was around £150 for 4 HD cameras plus a recorder. We fitted it ourselves.

ETA: The cctv connects to the TV so you can see what's going on. You can also connect to it via your phone when you are out & about.

That sounds really good! Was it difficult to fit? Are the cameras obvious ones like would they act as a deterrent as well?

That sounds really good! Was it difficult to fit? Are the cameras obvious ones like would they act as a deterrent as well?

Yeah it was pretty straight forward to fit them. Bit fiddly trying to get the cables through the floor boards but DH is an electrician so is used to doing stuff like that. It would have been easier if we ran the cables around the outside of the house but it doesn't look great, so we took the awkward route of through the floor boards.

The cameras are pretty obvious day and night (at night they give off a red light), so probably act as a deterrent. The picture is absolutely brilliant any time of the day/night, really clear.

We have an alarm, the type that's just a very loud noise.We set it every time we go out and at night.
No idea of cosy as it was already installed when we bought our house. We really like the piece of mind as there are a lot of burglaries in our area.
We also have cctv which connects to Oh's laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->