House cats.

Oh they are all so cute!

We have...well...7 of them. All indoor only.

They were actually what brought me and my DH together. He had two large, orange males, and I had two white deaf females, and we'd talk about our cats!

Since we got married, his two orange ones died, but we have a soft heart for cats in need and now have 4 additional orange ones, my white kitties, and a big grey guy!!

me and DH have 3 indoor, my boy used to be outdoor when i lived in the UK but here in the USa its the norm to have them inside, with allt he big predators outside its a lot safer. we rescued 2 girls (sisters) after i moved here.

Gin - my british boy,
https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/pepsichicxxx/DSC_0052-1.jpg

Stella - our little black bear
https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/pepsichicxxx/DSC_3446-1.jpg

Asti - our princess
https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/pepsichicxxx/DSC_3444-1.jpg

they all get on great
https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/pepsichicxxx/DSC_3454-1.jpg

Omg PepsiChic they are absolutely beautiful... I really want another but I'm not sure how my OH feels about it! :lol:

we have two little black and white cats called polo and biscuit! i love them....they are my babies!

Aw my gosh, all these gorgeous kittys!
We have a house cat, I cant bare to let him roam outside by himself. I just know he'd get himself in trouble, he isn't street wise at all. He's a big spoilt baby!
This is my beautiful baby, he's called Pangur and he's 2 :)

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs036.snc6/166632_10150119233110362_518055361_7706324_4246349_n.jpg

We take him out in the garden on a little harness and extendy leash though cus he likes rolling around in the grass and having some fresh air :).

we have a indoor cat, hes called Gizmo hes soo cute

I've almost always had a cat, always been indoor cats.

My parents got a Persian cat from a friend whose cat had kittens when they first moved in together, he passed away when I was 2 though..
When I was 7 we got a new cat, who I creatively named Mousetrap, he was the best kitty.. he got really ill when we were on vacation and passed away 2 weeks later, the first day of school :( He was 4.
Then we adopted Missy when I was in grade 10, so she'll be 6 this year.

The month after I moved into my new place I adopted Gina from the same rescue organization, our little Siberian beauty lol. She's 1 in April :) She thinks she's a dog most of the time. She loves to make a run for it outside but I always catch her because because there are other cats in the neighbourhood, dogs, a busy street 2 blocks away, plus don't want to deal with fleas/ticks etc.

I attached a pic from the internet that is pretty well my cat's twin.. she is dark grey-blue with a little white patch on her belly and chest.

Attachments

• ginastwin.jpg
    ginastwin.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2
i have a bengel he is a house cat its a pain 2 keep him in tho hes has alredy thew him self out of the bathroom window and faceplanted in2 a plant pot (thort cats were ment to lend on there feet but not huckelberry) i am lookin on getting a maine coon has anyone got 1 what are they like?

I've got 5 cats at the moment - they are all allowed out but Lilly is a house cat by choice :dohh:

She hates outdoors with a passion LOL - won't even look at it through the windows and in the summer she avoids any room with a door open to the outside :rofl:

^ My cat at my mum's, I guess my mum's cat but we got her when I was 15 and I didn't move out until I was 20? she is terrified of the outdoors too. Digs her claws into you and holds on for dear life if you take her out so she can see what outside looks like.

My cat bolts the second the back door is open :dohh: But is afraid of cars so won't go out the front..

It's really a pain. I feel like I should let her go out since she wants to so badly but I signed on the adoption agreement I'd keep her as an indoor cat and I really worry about fleas/ticks in her long hair, and there's a main road close by, etc. :( I feel like it's a major parenting decision or something lol

Keeping them indoors IS a major parenting decision haha, it's also for the best IMO. People wouldn't just let a dog roam the streets, so why a cat? And at the minute there are so many stories of cats being attacked and hurt in the news, it seems people don't like them as much as they used to. I'd rather have the inconvenience of the litter tray and a cat that is really clingy (which mine is, lol!) than her go out one day, and never come back.
I think the Cats Protection over here only let you adopt a cat if you agree to keep it indoors too. I think that's how it should be too :)

I agree! I just feel bad like I am keeping her in a prison since she is so hell bent on running outside whenever she can.

I'm sure I'd feel the same if my cat ever tried to get out. In the 4 years we've had her, she's been out twice. Once was when she was a kitten she got out when I took the rubbish to the bins, sneaked out behind me. I searched the house for her but I couldn't find her anywhere! Well it turned out she was sat on the door step waiting for me to let her back in :rofl: The other time was in our old house, we had big sliding doors onto a big garden and we were all outside. Boo just came walking upto me and Tegan when we were playing on the grass. So weird :lol: I just put her straight back in. Oh I've also caught her stuck on the bathroom window aswell, One of those that opens at the top? She didn't look like she was trying to get out, more like she was exploring and got scared haha

Keeping them indoors IS a major parenting decision haha, it's also for the best IMO. People wouldn't just let a dog roam the streets, so why a cat? And at the minute there are so many stories of cats being attacked and hurt in the news, it seems people don't like them as much as they used to. I'd rather have the inconvenience of the litter tray and a cat that is really clingy (which mine is, lol!) than her go out one day, and never come back.
I think the Cats Protection over here only let you adopt a cat if you agree to keep it indoors too. I think that's how it should be too :)

i disagree.

cats are natural outdoor animals. even as domesticated animals they have a love for the outdoors and are curious explorative animals. They were made with claws to climb, and teeth and claws to catch prey and defend against predators. there is no better and more natural place for a cat then outside...

...however, in some cases it is not approprate because of humans destruction of land. we build cities and cars where before were woods and fields. a cat in the city would be safer inside. it belongs outside but is safer inside.
a cat in a small town or countryside would do well outside.

my male cat gin, he was from the UK wher ei used to live, he was an outdoor cat his whole life, as was every other cat i have ever owned. we lived in a small seaside town and he LOVED the outdoors.

i have since relocated to the USA, and brought him with me, he is now a strictly indoor cat because unlike the UK, there are predators bigger then him. thee are coyotes, pumas and eagles bigger then him. granted i live in a wooded area and it'd be great for an outdoor cat, but now that hes older i dont want to expose himt o these new threats which he might not seem to wary of i mean to him a bird is a bird and he used to catch them. a coyote is a dog and surely its on a chain?

as for dogs, here in the USA i have found, they do infact roam free. people open their doors and let their dogs go (and poop) where ever they please.

But dogs are also natural outdoor animals. (in the uk) they don't roam free, if they do they are caught and took to the pound or maybe even pts. My point was I prefer cats to stay indoors where it's safe. We don't live in the city, but we don't live somewhere rural and even if we did I wouldn't let my cat out. Each to their own though :)

im not trying to argue and i wont.

but its true dogs are also outside animals, and most of the time they are outside, they are kept on chains (mainly US) or in fenced yards (UK) and also a lot of them are let loose here in the US.

so dogs are outside, they however cant climb fences and claim independancy like a cat. so unless let loose they cant roam o their own free will like a cat can.

edit: if you could let your cat/s outside inyo your garden/yard knowing they are safe and cant leave the yard, would you? and be truthal here because i honestly think any one would. thats why people let their dogs out, like i said they cant climb fences. they werent built to climb trees and things like a cat can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->