Housework Tips? Share them!

Yeah I use a scoop of vanish in every wash but Rosie is not in full swing orange food weaning yet :lol: but it does help on Jack's muddy/grass knee jeans :D

wonder if any of you ladies can help - my tumble dryer has ruined all my clothes by getting an oil mark on them its off the door seal.. i think the drum might have slipped cos its soooo noisey too, had nothing but trouble with it since we got it :( so upset its ruined my clothes nothing will bring the oil marks out :( does anyone know if its cheap/easy to get them fixed or do you think i should just invest in a new one?? its only 4 years old - strange question but what do u girls think? thanks xxx

*use caution*
washing up liquid gets oil out - only thing is it can stain itself!! if its on white or delicate clothes be very careful!! i got neatsfoot oil on a top and i just rubbed a bit fairy into it rinsed n then washed it with a little more fairy on it n its come straight off !! if you use it in the wash tho- dont put too much in as it foams like crayzeee !! tiny tiny amount in the washing machine!!

hope this hels girls

sara

xxxxxxxx

Does anyone know a good cleaner for glass oven doors?

I've got some oven cleaner and it's fab, only thing is it totally stinks the house out even with windows and doors open and i'm worried about using it with LO around, it really is wicked stuff!

dont know but i really need to clean my oven too OH spilt something in it and never cleaned it up

my housework tip would be - baby wipes are wonderous things and get all sorts out of carpets furnishings etc :)

anyone any ideas how to get banana out of clothes please?

I clean my oven with JML's Doctor Power it is amazing! I use it on everything it brings everything up shining!

Sorry never had a banana stain! Maybe vanish soap?

Fairy up is good for stains just squirt a bit on and leave it for a minute befoe washing.

Glass cleaner ... Auto Glym's Fast Glass, i know its for cars and pretty expensive but 10 times better than any of the household glass cleaners.

Yeah banana and avocado stains are the worst we get around here. Anyone have any advice for that? Its so gross, it stains brown instantly

i've tried napisan, vanish and a dylon wash on the banana stains but nothing has worked so far. I agree it goes a horrible brown colour!

Have you tried tooth paste hun? it gets a multitude of stains out if not captain cra-z soap works on everything and even gets oil out of my dh jeans.
As for glass use white vinegar and water, i use a 50/50 of the vinegar and water and everything comes up all shinney x

for grease stains i find talc powder works well for me. and i swear by star drops. seriously i use it to do carpet and clothes anything it really works and its cheap!

I have always seen star drops and wondered about it! I'm going to get some!

ohhh i use star drops to do the floors, general cleaning and washing my nappy pail out with. I didn't realise it worked on clothes! I always use too much tho and end up with loads of suds :rofl:

So..can I use star drops on all clothes, like colours as well??

Use only on whites..(works like bleach) Sterilizing tablets, gets all baby food stains out.

Still looking for something to use on colours..Vanish doesn't seem to work...used powder and liquid??

word of warning with star drops.... do not use on carpets if you have animals.....it's active ingredient is ammonia and this is in pee, which attracts dogs n cats etc to pee in that area...not really what ya want !!!! lol :hugs: great for getting tiles to sparkle tho :)

sara

xxxxx

Anybody used a Steam Bee or something similar for cleaning there oven? Any good?

OH was home alone for 4wks and 'forgot' to clean it:dohh:! I have scrubbed it but I need something to get in about all the nooks and crannies x

i have a small steamer thats great 4 cleaning the oven !!!

I steam clean my cupboards and kitchen tiles, brings them up a treat, never tried in the oven though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->