Housework Tips? Share them!

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
LOL I supose this is my "job" now! Have to admit though, once I start doing my house I really enjoy it!

Problem is now that I usually have a 10 month old baby hanging on to my ankles so it doesnt get done as quick as I would like!!

Ok, I am looking for tips to get stains out of baby clothes, mainly lasagne that Daisy got on a t-shirt!:shrug:

:help:

Napisan works well, better on fresh stains though. When i posted a similiar topic a while back a lot of people recommended shout stain remover but i didn't get round to trying it.

I put one scoop of vanish in every load. Also if your washing bibs I wash them on 60 and they always come out clean.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand if you don't want food on nice clothes, invest in some decent bibs (we have arm covers on some of ours, waterproof backs, the whole shebang) :lol:

Cleaning the cooker or a grunny lino floor ? use biological washing powder !!

Sunshine. Seriously! (If you get any up there?! :rofl:) Keep the clothing damp when it gets splattered, and put it in the wash asap. Any normal detergent will do, but liquid is good if you can dab an extra bit on before you put it in. Hang out to dry in sunlight and the stain will be gone in a couple of hours.

I put one scoop of vanish in every load. Also if your washing bibs I wash them on 60 and they always come out clean.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand if you don't want food on nice clothes, invest in some decent bibs (we have arm covers on some of ours, waterproof backs, the whole shebang) :lol:

we've got some of them big bibs aswell but DD STILL manages to get food on her clothes :dohh:

we've got some of them big bibs aswell but DD STILL manages to get food on her clothes :dohh:

Same here! I use vanish powder, gel and stick but they are still there :hissy: I think I am going to have to just give up and chuck it away! It is such a lovely t shirt though!

i tried vanish too and it did nothing for food or poop stains :dohh:

I put a scoop of nappy soak in with my washing. Also distilled white vinegar for your whites instead of fabric softener (although I would put them on a quick wash with the fabric softener in after)

:( Vanish works for us, but I think its because we dry our washing on the washing line outside. ALL of T's clothes would be ruined if we couldn't get stains out lol, pee/poop/food/sick stains :lol:

Yeah I use a scoop of vanish in every wash but Rosie is not in full swing orange food weaning yet :lol: but it does help on Jack's muddy/grass knee jeans :D

wonder if any of you ladies can help - my tumble dryer has ruined all my clothes by getting an oil mark on them its off the door seal.. i think the drum might have slipped cos its soooo noisey too, had nothing but trouble with it since we got it :( so upset its ruined my clothes nothing will bring the oil marks out :( does anyone know if its cheap/easy to get them fixed or do you think i should just invest in a new one?? its only 4 years old - strange question but what do u girls think? thanks xxx

try adding some bi carb to your wash and add white vinegar to rinse (this corrects the pH) then hang out to dry (sunshine is the best natural bleach!)

Yeah I use a scoop of vanish in every wash but Rosie is not in full swing orange food weaning yet :lol: but it does help on Jack's muddy/grass knee jeans :D

wonder if any of you ladies can help - my tumble dryer has ruined all my clothes by getting an oil mark on them its off the door seal.. i think the drum might have slipped cos its soooo noisey too, had nothing but trouble with it since we got it :( so upset its ruined my clothes nothing will bring the oil marks out :( does anyone know if its cheap/easy to get them fixed or do you think i should just invest in a new one?? its only 4 years old - strange question but what do u girls think? thanks xxx

I think you can probably get someone to look at it for you for free then get a quote how much it'll be to fix it then decide whats gonna be best for you. Sorry it's ruined your clothes. I've never figured out how to get oil off clothes, if you find a way please tell me :blush: :hugs:

thanks hun, just been quoted £110 to get someone out and get it fixed..dunno if its worth payin that or getting a new one hmmm x

thanks hun, just been quoted £110 to get someone out and get it fixed..dunno if its worth payin that or getting a new one hmmm x

I would get a new one - with my luck these things just break down all the time and the money you spend on repairs you could get something new and reliable! This happened to my mum's washer and she had to call someone out 3 times as they botched the repair - total waste of money! x

Go to electrical shop see if they do ex rentals.Mine cost me £70 and it has lasted me 2 years so far xxxx but if you think the drum has slipped I think its fixable,there should be a bolt to screw up and it may need a new belt.Not much really.Have you rang the company who make it?

I will give them a ring see if they know how easy/hard it will be to fix and how much, i just dont want to pay all that for it to break down few weeks later. nightmare trying to get all my laundry dry cos its raining so got the heating on :wacko:

Whenever my kids eat something that stains, they eat topless :lol: Their skin is so much easier to wash!

But i find using ur normal washing powder, about a table spoon straight into the stain, rubbed in with a little water and then go into wahsing machine, does the trick.

Whenever my kids eat something that stains, they eat topless :lol: Their skin is so much easier to wash!

But i find using ur normal washing powder, about a table spoon straight into the stain, rubbed in with a little water and then go into wahsing machine, does the trick.

to make the washing powder paste are you using bio or non bio powder? I tried fairy non bio but it didn't really work. Wondered if it was because i'd made it to watery or just because it was a non bio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->