housing association financial check form?

MummyMana

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone here has been offered a housing association or council house, or works in the relevant field, knows what the financial check form involved, and how it affects whether or not we get the house? I have a viewing tomorrow and was told to bring the form but it hasn't arrived yet so I have no idea what it is, the lady on the phone told me to must send it back to them once I get it and it depends on the form whether or not we get offered the house :/

What does it say on the form? I live in a house provided by the HA and we had to prove we could afford the house by filling in our job/wage details and provide proof of that. Is it that?

ETA: Just seen the date and realized you have already been. Did you get it sorted?

Hi I hadn't received the form yet when I posted this but that's exactly what it was! I'm so scared though, because we blatantly can't afford it but we need a house! This is the only way we have a chance even... My partner gets more hours than contracted but I had to work it out by his contracted hours so it looks like we get less than we do :/ also the council said we may get some help towards rent but we can't apply for that until we have an offer of a house so I couldn't put that on there :/

The house is tiny, so if they decide we can't afford it I don't know what we possibly can afford!

The form had some funny questions though, "how much do you spend a week on hairdressers" :L I'm sure if I could afford a hair dresser I wouldn't be needing to apply for HA housing xD

What a weird question to ask! What does it matter about getting your hair done?

I was told that they just need to make sure you can pay rent and have enough for bills, so that the rent never goes unpaid. As long as you and your partner can cover these things there is really nothing to worry about. When we got this house I wasn't working and my OH only made 850 a month and we were fine.

In terms of help with rent you can go online and do a benefits estimate and then print it off and give it to them. The lady dealing with our tenancy told us to do that to show extra income that would prove we could afford things.

Thankyou for the advice and reassurance :) thankfully I received a letter today saying we've been offered the flat! :D

Yay! So glad it worked out for you! Congrats xx

Thankyou :) waiting for a call back today to strange a second viewing :D

Me and OH are currently living in a council house due to being made homeless 12 months ago when I was 11 weeks pregnant..

When we signed the tenancy for our house we had to fill an incoming/outgoing form in to make sure we could afford the house. We filled it in and then they give us the keys without even checking the form first.

I take it tis just a formality then? They wrote back to say we'd been offered the flat before I'd even provided my partner's payslip (he'd only just started the job)

Yeah I reckon it will just be a formality. I bet they haven't even looked at that form I filled in. No doubt they got back to the office and filed it and it's not been seen since.

Thankyou! I'm glad of that because I just guessed half of what I put on the form, and worked OH's wage out wrong.

Now I've got another fun form to fill out :)

They are a pain aren't they! Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get a house through them?

Ages! Around 8 months I think :(

Not sure of the movie.D date yet, I should find out early November :)

Hopefully you will be in and settled for Christmas. It was a bit weird for us because we started with one adviser and the process went from Feb - Sept. She then left on maternity leave without telling us lol so we spent a month wondering what was happening. We were given a new adviser and had to start the whole thing again! Our new adviser was lovely and the whole thing took 10 days from start to finish to complete. So I guess it depends on the efficiency of your adviser?

No my partner is no fixed abode, I'm having to live with my parents atm. Which is awful, not because I don't like my parents but they live in the middle of nowhere so I'm pretty much stuck here all day indoors with a baby because there is nothing here and I don't have my own transport :/ but the council didn't think that mattered.

I'm not sure about the adviser thing I'm not sure if I even have one... But the house has builders ripping it out and putting it back in again atm so they have to get out before I can get in :)

Well I use the word adviser loosely lol. Basically the person who deals with your claim. I wasn't homeless or classed as being 'in need' when I got mine so I guess it depends on demand and availabilty in your area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->