how 2 help stepdaughter!

Poor baby....honestly she is likely better off with out the woman. If she refuses to see her or can't be bothered why force it. I would be honest with your step-daughter as best as a 5yr old is able to understand. Maybe when she asks about her mom tell her I know you want to see her and I am so sorry that your mom isn't able to come and spend time with you...BUT tell her YOU are here and that you love spending time with her and ask her what you can do to help her. If your willing to step into the "Mommy" role for this little girl it would do her a world of good. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Its not easy for kids to understand and honestly as they grow into adults it doesn't get any easier...its your job to just be her shoulder to cry on and give her as much love as she needs.

Honestly.... I think you should sugar coat it until she's a bit older. My daughter is five and if I told her something like that she would be devastated and it would probably affect her self esteem too, causing all sorts of problems.

It sounds really harsh but I'd probably stop all contact with the mum. It's probably the uncertainty making things worse. I've seen it with foster kids - regular visitation makes their behaviour so much worse, prob because they hope each time things will be different and they're always disappointed. I'd cut the ties with the mother until your SD is old enough to understand and make her own choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->