How accurate are gender scans at 12 weeks

mbg81

Reaction score
Had my dating scan today at 11w6d and was told it's a boy. He said he was 90% positive. Anyone else had early scans and later turned out to be the opposite gender.

My ultrasound tech told me that sometimes at 12 weeks a boy can be really obvious to them, but she also told me that's a rare thing and that they all kind of look the same that early.
I personally wouldn't trust it just incase! :)

Both mine were 100% accurate. Told girl at 12 weeks both times with over 90% chance xx

However I don't trust ultrasound techs... For me my OB does all my scans and he's always accurate

When I was 14 weeks pregnant with my daughter, they guessed boy. And obviously totally wrong!
If your u/s was at 18+weeks I would say it would be accurate but before 12 weeks...I don't think it's accurate. But who knows. I know they do a blood test know that will specifically tell you boy or girl.

I was hoping for a blood test but my insurance will not cover it and out of pocket cost is $800.

I just did it the other day. It's called the panorama. Costed 850$ for the extended genetic blood panel screening and then you can opt to know the sex as well.

I was told at 9 weeks my first was a boy, they were right.

I was told at 11w 5d that my youngest son was a boy and he is! I would say they're extremely accurate.

at 12 weeks generally even girls have nubs, and a guess is usually a 50%. so if they say boy and its right, those who had boys had just as much of a chance of it being wrong. although if they say girl it would be more likely to be right because there is obviously a lack of nub they are seeing. genitals usually start to distinguish in week 14. Although obviously babies do not always follow the same growth patterns. I had a scan at 15 weeks with my twins, they were very obviously boys. They couldn't tell me at 12 weeks. And anything before 12 weeks I would never, ever trust. I say 90% my butt. more like 50% sure lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->