how and where do u feel your uterus?

1sttimemummy

Preganant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
i read that i should be able 2 feel it aboit 3 inchs below my belly button but i dont know wot 2 do or what im feeling for? lol any help? xx

mine just feels harder and you can just tell where it is
Sorry that's not very technical! x

I have a kind of bulge just sort of coming up out of my pelvis which I am assuming is it?

My ob-gyn stuck his fingers inside my vag and made me press down just below my belly button...He asked if I could feel 'that' and I couldn't really tell....it was just a little firm section. Poor Bean was probably being squashed!!!

xx

If you lay down flat, start at your belly button, and move down..You should be able to feel a bump there...sometimes though!! I could not do it with my first..

Hope you have better luck than me, I still can't feel where it is. Well, i can feel where my tummy gets less hard but it's not really a definite point.

try down where your pubic bone is and the gently feel up to your belly button. I have wobble on top of mine but i can still feel where its hard. good luck.

It gets easier as you get bigger - my midwife felt this morning and said mine was hard to find but when measured my fundal height was 27cms - about an inch or so above my belly button.... Ive been assuming it was just below my belly button! When you start getting Braxton Hicks it becomes easier as your whole uterus tightens and you can feel it all!! Dont worry about not finding it yourself - its not an easy thing to do at all!! xx

When I was 16 weeks my womb was a cm or two below my belly button and my midwife told me to feel for ridges - that's your womb.

what r ridges? my whole belly is hard, so its hard to tell

I can feel baby about 3 inches down from my belly button and he/ she doesnt like to be messed with. Oh poked at him/ her last night and it went to the other side...

My ob-gyn stuck his fingers inside my vag and made me press down just below my belly button...He asked if I could feel 'that' and I couldn't really tell....it was just a little firm section. Poor Bean was probably being squashed!!!

xx

god, I choked on my tea reading that!!

I feel a ridge, and thats the best I can describe it :)

Nicola xx

mm i had a feel about last night and i felt something on my left hand side, it wasnt sore when i touced it but was sensitive if this makes sense? any ideas what that was/

I start at my pubic bone and feel up. If I rub my palm over it, it feels like half a tennis ball, maybe a bit bigger. I am still not sure if thats it, but at my MW apt on Wed she had a feel and said...ummm, yes, that's about right, so I presume that's what it is. It is only the past few weeks I've been able to feel it though x

My tummy feels hard/ridge like, thats the best I can describe it as!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->