How are you announcing... To everyone?

Radiance

Reaction score
I think we are waiting, well attempting to wait until either Thanksgiving week (I'll be just into second trimester) or Christmas. What are you plans and/or ideas?

Ideas still in progress...

Recording heartbeat
Gender (Christmas time)
Maternity shoot/reveal

We have seven, this is our eighth. Only two living but we include our angel babies and are opened about our angel babies- both early and late losses. I'm trying to come up with a family maternity photo that includes everyone. Elijah and Stephen have a Molly Bear, my others don't and they normally take over a year to get so that doesn't exactly work.

Christmas cards with ds wearing a "big brother" shirt :cloud9:

I'm making an announcement with fall decor... Going to email and post of fb for ext. family, friends and co-workers

I don't think reveals are as big in the UK as in US, feel like we are missing out a little there. I'll probably just give the go ahead for my mum to start calling round the family lol. I want to tell my grandmother in person if I get that far so I might make her something that says great gran on it. She is already a great gran to 3 (one from my younger sister and two from my cousin).

Last year we had three births in the space of 2 months in our family. Seems like everyone got pregnant at the same time. Was quite exciting.

I had never heard of Molly bear before and googled it. The story on there was so so sad. I nearly cried. I think it is such a wonderful idea.

I do want to send an email round to some of my ex colleagues back in the UK that I was very close with, with some of my wedding photos and hopefully a 12 week scan picture if we make it that far though.

I don't think reveals are as big in the UK as in US, feel like we are missing out a little there. I'll probably just give the go ahead for my mum to start calling round the family lol. I want to tell my grandmother in person if I get that far so I might make her something that says great gran on it. She is already a great gran to 3 (one from my younger sister and two from my cousin).

Last year we had three births in the space of 2 months in our family. Seems like everyone got pregnant at the same time. Was quite exciting.

I had never heard of Molly bear before and googled it. The story on there was so so sad. I nearly cried. I think it is such a wonderful idea.

I do want to send an email round to some of my ex colleagues back in the UK that I was very close with, with some of my wedding photos and hopefully a 12 week scan picture if we make it that far though.

I've actually never done a big reveal, gender reveal or any maternity shoots... Out of any of my pregnancies so I feel I'm missing out . I've always regretted not having professional pictures with my others while pregnant. I think my reveal will most likely be our most recent scan. We normally call and tell everyone and then upload our first test and first scan picture, so we normally announce quite early.

For both sets of grandparents we have a 6x4 inch photo frame with the word grandchildren along the top and hearts on the bottom. I'm going to put in a photo of DS holding the 12 week scan photo. They'll receive it wrapped. After that they can call family members to spread the word and we'll upload a photo to Facebook. I was thinking of making a collage with the scan photo at the top, a photo of the 3 of us in the middle and a positive pregnancy test at the bottom with the caption "And then there was 4... Baby #2 due April 2015".

We are going to do a baby reveal once I am 13 weeks along since I have lost a few pregnancies. That will be Dec 2nd. We are going to take a picture of us with our dog and a pair of baby shoes. I also have stencils that will say June 14 (day I am due). The picture will be taken from the knees down stating that we are adding 2 more feet to our family. Found the idea on line and we thought it was cute.

For me, I announced on Facebook. I first made a very vague post, just put "11/4/14" and that was it. I got some really weird responses to it. Most were along the line of OH and I finally tying the knot.

After I finally got a chance to tell both my parents (as they are on facebook as well, and I wanted to tell them first rather than them see it online), I then posted a picture of the hpt. I did this at about 7 1/2 weeks pregnant which was right when I found out.

Most of the people (friends) on my FB knew just because I don't have too many people on there. They are mostly family and friends- that I go to school with. We told family after we told my parents who came to visit. Then for the very few on my FB that didn't know I posted my scan picture with the caption "so this happened..." It shocked those who didn't know! While we are very excited it was not exactly planned (time wise) so people really weren't expecting it. Heck my parents werent either. My mom mentioned after she stopped crying how she thought we were waiting until after I graduated in May (I'm getting my BSW). Now I'm due in April =]

On St. Nicks Day (Dec 6th) I plan on recording my daughter opening up a gift that is going to be a shirt that says Big Sister and post it on facebook. My parents already know since they help watch her in the early weeks while I went for blood work.

Otherwise my Father in law will know around Thanksgiving and my mother in law will know probably first part of Dec. We plan on saying Claire has an important gift to open, can you help her with it? (We'll ask my in laws to help open the gift).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->