How are you budgeting for Xmas?

I haven't really budgeted at all :xmas2: I'm trying to cut back a bit and not buy as much rubbish this year. I try and buy things when they're on offer, but not everything all at once.

DH gets a small "winter bonus" from work that we always use to buy Christmas presents and then we just spend. I always mean to save a bit throughout the year but I never do. I think next year I'd like to at least put £25 aside each month so that it doesn't feel like we spend all our money in two months. Also saving for a big family holiday next year and hopefully moving house so I need to be sensible with money next year!

I always say I’m going to save up and stuff always comes up through the year meaning I can’t. Or when I get any extra money we do things with it at that time, I’m terrible at saving.
I’ve just been buying something every week or so the last few weeks and will build up a bit now so I’ve not got a huge amount to spend all at once. I aim to get the boys mostly finished by mid November and then use the end of November/December to buy other family members and Christmas days out etc.

Don’t specifically save for Christmas I just take it as it comes, I decided what I was buying the youngest wayyyy back in June/July and then just waited for the best deal possible. When I see an amazingly good bargain I stash it! She will be getting things that I stashed in 2017 for xmas 2018 haha.

eldest wanted a new tablet, that was easy I just got it from amazon and I think it’s an amazon prime thing maybe ...but they let me spread the cost for nothing. That’s handy. I mean it makes amazon tablets even more affordable! Which is helpful.

My 4 year old is the effort this year as he wants a Nintendo switch! So I’m buying that next month, because this month I’m having my car fixed before I have to mot it in December...I know right December! Should be illegal to have to mot a car in December haha

I'm not budgeting as such just starting early and trying to get things organised earlier this year. And concentrating more on stuff they'll actually use rather than a big pile of junk they won't play with x

Exactly same as above!

Last few years I think I've just bought for sake of it. To try bulk out the piles, this year I'm not doing it.

Started today got few bits and bobs and have an order to collect from argos x

Bloody Cars!
Just paid out £300 to get my car fixed and today the tax reminder came through. (I thought I paid 12 monyhs earlier this year so it doesn't fall around now but I only did 6 months). MOT is also due in November.

Still been buying a present a week for DDs and started to put together a list for the grown ups.

Exactly same as above!

Last few years I think I've just bought for sake of it. To try bulk out the piles, this year I'm not doing it.

Started today got few bits and bobs and have an order to collect from argos x

Yes, all the silly little things that just get put away like pens/pencils, hair accessories, socks. The girls just want to play so I'm definitely reducing the amount of stocking bits I buy this year.

I saved a lot of money one month in the summer to use for gifts and wintery/christmasy fun during the weekends of December. I've not got the same budget for the girls either, DD1 has a bigger "allowance" as she's older and what she's into generally costs more than baby toys.

I always used to plan to put away so much each week for Christmas through the year but it never happens, something always pops up or you REALLLY need a bottle of wine and a take away at the end of the week :haha:.

I now use Yesbebe Savings club, you make an order and pay a deposit then you pay it off bit by bit and they ship it once your all paid up. That way I know I have to pay it up by a certain time. I'm planning on doing a few park vouchers for next year but I left it too late this year, they also do drink and food packages you can pay off through the year as well.

Then I'm cutting back what im buying people, I was spending £20 each on siblings, their partners and their children so in total I was spending £160 on just a few people. So this year I'm spending £20 on the kids and the adults are getting a tin of sweets to share.

For my son I'm trying to go for quality over quantity but its so hard when we see so many pictures of massive piles of presents all over social media but they really don't need a massive pile, I've done it in the past but cant even remember what half of the stuff even was now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->