How are you sleeping?

KcApple

Reaction score
How are you ladies sleeping?
What is the best and safest way to sleep?
I forgot to ask my Dr. yesterday, but I heard that it is bad to sleep on your back and stomach, but I hate sleeping on my sides. I wonder if it matters now or later in pregnancy?

From what I have heard, it only matters once you get that little bump going. It will make it more uncomfortable to sleep on your stomach. As far as sleeping on your back, they say to avoid that once you hit 2nd trimester I believe because of something to do with the bloodflow?

Found this online on babycenter:
https://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-sleep-on-my-back-during-pregnancy_1245287.bc
When you lie on your back, the weight of your uterus presses on the major vein that returns blood from your lower body to your heart. Lying on your back for an extended period of time could make you feel dizzy. It could also interfere with the flow of blood and nutrients to the placenta and your developing baby.

Thank you!
I kept waking up on my back last night and it made me nervous.
But I should work on it now anyone so I get used to it...

I will definitley investing in one of those big U shaped pillows though.

For now I try to sleep however I want because I don't have a bump yet, but I am SO uncomfortable no matter what I do. I toss and turn all night and keep waking up. Not fun!

I have bouts of insomnia from time to time since getting preggo. But I sleep on my side cuddling a body pillow. I do wake up on my back a lot thoguh, and I'm not sure how I'm going to fix that problem in a few weeks/months, but yeah. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->