How are your 4year olds doing?

Hello :flower:

Well Phoebe is four and half and in her words "my bestest pal in the world". We've been spoilt as I've been off on maternity leave with her since September and she has loved it. She adores her little sister and is a real help. We've only just had the resentment of her little sister in the last few weeks as the baby is starting to do more and has been taking up a bit more of my time as she teeths.

She goes to nursery five mornings a week and is doing so well. Her reading is really getting there and she loves to write and draw. We got our first choice school for September but she is ready to go now. Just got to work out how to get her there when I work in another school on the opposite side of town.

She is really tall - another one here in aged 6 clothing and size 11 feet :dohh: I swear she grows every night. She is into everything pink and pretty. Although cutting the grass with daddy is one of her favourite activities. She loves swimming and we to are learning to cycle without stabilisers :wacko:

Generally she is really well behaved but can throw a right strop. She squabbles with her dad but they always make up.

I must admit its a lovely age

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2
Hello all!

I have a 4 YO! It took me a while to do the maths but she's coming up 4.5.
She also starts school this Summer, in August. And is SO ready.
She's overly intelligent. She can do double digit addition, single subtraction, knows a lot of her phonic sounds and can recognise basic words. It sounds like I'm bragging but it's actually a nightmare. She's also very tall, she wears 5-6 trousers and 6-7 tops. She's size 11.5 feet. However socially, as she's an only child and most her friends are similar age or below, she isn't as advanced. She throws tantrums like any other 4 YO does and she gets judged for it. I constantly want to shout ' SHE'S STILL A BABY!!'. I'm forever being asked why she's not at school today or what class she's in etc.

Just now, all she wants to do is play out with friends. She spends the whole day outside, to the point today she ate every meal outside today.

She's at nursery 5 afternoons a week. Sleeps most the night, although will occasionally wake for what ever reason. She's into all things cars, rugby and Simpsons (guess who's a daddy's girl) and has a horrendous obsession with Top Gear.

She has an attitude that puts my 14YO self to shame. She's stroppy, moody and hormonal. However, she's so much fun. She's sarcastic, and cheeky and has a come back for anything.

This morning I scalded her for calling my sister a numpty and she looked at me with the driest face I've ever seen, rolled her eyes and all she said was 'Soz'.

My 4 yr old is at the diddly end of the range in comparison to others on here. He's just outgrowing 3-4 trousers, is in 4-5 tops but can get away with 3-4 too still and has size 9 feet. I still get asked thoug why he's not in school so I think a lot of people just have no idea how old kids actually are!

Tom is a delight most of the time. He never stops asking questions and is really into dinosaurs and Frozen...he would be Elsa if he could! Most of the time he's cuddly, polite and lots of fun but he has his grumpy days like everyone. His temper is much better than a year ago thank god!

We got our 1st choice school too and on one hand I'm excited, on the other I'm going to so sad sending him off 5 days a week :cry:

Hi Ladies,

Wow, it's great to see all the updates!! :)

Jacob was 4 in February and he's turning into a really amazing little boy. He's so friendly and loves meeting new people and asking what their name is, and what their favourite car is! (Obsessed with transport!)
He got into the school we wanted and I think he'll be starting in September.
He loves science, Prof Brian Cox is his hero, he loves to watch all of the programmes he's done.
He collects hot wheels. Has probably every single one!
He's just discovered he can pedal his bike (two wheels no stabilisers), so there's no stopping him now! He is on the go constantly, he never naps & never stops talking!
1549365_10152391119095362_112855406_n.jpg

Hi Dani_tinks :flower:

I'm loving seeing how grown up our 4 year olds are, and hearing about how smart they have all got :thumbup: Lovely pic of Jacob, and he sounds like an interesting little boy, Proffessor Cox fan wow! Thats awesome he's riding without stabilizers!

I see your ttc#2, congrats! x

Hello all!

I have a 4 YO! It took me a while to do the maths but she's coming up 4.5.
She also starts school this Summer, in August. And is SO ready.
She's overly intelligent. She can do double digit addition, single subtraction, knows a lot of her phonic sounds and can recognise basic words. It sounds like I'm bragging but it's actually a nightmare. She's also very tall, she wears 5-6 trousers and 6-7 tops. She's size 11.5 feet. However socially, as she's an only child and most her friends are similar age or below, she isn't as advanced. She throws tantrums like any other 4 YO does and she gets judged for it. I constantly want to shout ' SHE'S STILL A BABY!!'. I'm forever being asked why she's not at school today or what class she's in etc.

Just now, all she wants to do is play out with friends. She spends the whole day outside, to the point today she ate every meal outside today.

She's at nursery 5 afternoons a week. Sleeps most the night, although will occasionally wake for what ever reason. She's into all things cars, rugby and Simpsons (guess who's a daddy's girl) and has a horrendous obsession with Top Gear.

She has an attitude that puts my 14YO self to shame. She's stroppy, moody and hormonal. However, she's so much fun. She's sarcastic, and cheeky and has a come back for anything.

This morning I scalded her for calling my sister a numpty and she looked at me with the driest face I've ever seen, rolled her eyes and all she said was 'Soz'.

Hello :)

Wow your little girl sounds very clever! That sounds frustrating that you have people judging, they obviously don't realise her age but I know it can be annoying. My son is tall for his age, very sociable & physically he has always done things really quick. There's been times when I've been told that my son should be more careful around their 'younger' children when actually they have been the same age or my son has been much younger! He is very loving and friendly but sometimes gets over excited and can play a bit rough!

It really does sounds like you have a Daddy's girl there :thumbup: Loving the Top Gear obsession! 'Soz' :haha:

Good luck for her starting school x

Hello :flower:

Well Phoebe is four and half and in her words "my bestest pal in the world". We've been spoilt as I've been off on maternity leave with her since September and she has loved it. She adores her little sister and is a real help. We've only just had the resentment of her little sister in the last few weeks as the baby is starting to do more and has been taking up a bit more of my time as she teeths.

She goes to nursery five mornings a week and is doing so well. Her reading is really getting there and she loves to write and draw. We got our first choice school for September but she is ready to go now. Just got to work out how to get her there when I work in another school on the opposite side of town.

She is really tall - another one here in aged 6 clothing and size 11 feet :dohh: I swear she grows every night. She is into everything pink and pretty. Although cutting the grass with daddy is one of her favourite activities. She loves swimming and we to are learning to cycle without stabilisers :wacko:

Generally she is really well behaved but can throw a right strop. She squabbles with her dad but they always make up.

I must admit its a lovely age

Hi :hi:

Its nice to hear things are going well with your 4 year old. Thats lovely you've had more time with her lately since you've been off on mat leave & good that she adores her little sister :thumbup: Everyone kept warning me that my son was going to get jealous when my lg came along but he's been just the opposite and adores her! Lucky for us that our 4year olds do adore their siblings and long may it last!

I have to agree it is a lovely age :thumbup: I hope Phoebe enjoys school when the time comes. :flower:

My 4 yr old is at the diddly end of the range in comparison to others on here. He's just outgrowing 3-4 trousers, is in 4-5 tops but can get away with 3-4 too still and has size 9 feet. I still get asked thoug why he's not in school so I think a lot of people just have no idea how old kids actually are!

Tom is a delight most of the time. He never stops asking questions and is really into dinosaurs and Frozen...he would be Elsa if he could! Most of the time he's cuddly, polite and lots of fun but he has his grumpy days like everyone. His temper is much better than a year ago thank god!

We got our 1st choice school too and on one hand I'm excited, on the other I'm going to so sad sending him off 5 days a week :cry:

Hello HattieHippo :flower:

Nice to hear Tom is doing well and will be going to school soon. Loads of people ask when Ihsan is going to school too, and then get really shocked when I say January as they think he is at least 5 already! :dohh:

I don't blame you for feeling sad about him starting school, I know I will cry come January! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->