how bad do your feet swell??

kajastarlight

Number 3 on the way!
Reaction score
So funny - they say swelling is normal, but too much swelling can be a bad sign.... So, I was wondering - how much doe your feet/ankles swell?

By the end of the day my right ancle and foot are so swollen it looks like I have a big ol' calf that goes way down and ends in toes... lol And my feet are all bruised (the brusing mostly goes away by morning) Oh and it ITCHES BAD!!! My left ankel and foot swells a lot but you can still see the definition between my calf and my ancle adn my foot lol.

(I have been moniforing my blood pressure and it is fine - I always get headachs even not pregnant)

I'm sorry that your feet are swollen! Staying hydrated helps.

No swollen feet here! I'm drinking over 1 gallon of water a day. That helps or maybe I'm just lucky :thumbup:

I haven't had any swelling this pregnancy yet, but my last pregnancy my feet really got swollen, especially in the hot, humid days of summer.

I didn't swell with DS1 or DS2 either - and I also drink about a gallon of water a day! I couldn't possibly drink more!!! I suppose, for me, that is the difference between being pregnant in my early 20s (was just turned 21 when I had DS1 and 23 when I had DS2) and being pregnant in my early 30s!!

I swelled a bit last time but haven't noticed anything this time around.

I'm finding my feet are swelling up these days!

My feet got pretty swollen, so did my hands. My feet were actually worse after I had my second! They had pumped me full of fluids during my labour (I kept getting dizzy and they thought I was dehydrated) and then I got more fluids during my emcs. All that fluid made its way to my feet and was SO painful I could hardly walk!

My feet and hands swelled last time around 28 weeks on (diagnosed with severe pre-e at 33 weeks though). My feet would get swollen and the skin would feel very tight and stretched, I could still wear most of my normal shoes, but definitely visibly swollen and my skin felt uncomfortable. My hands I just couldn't wear my wedding rings anymore.

So far, so swelling this pregnancy, still wearing my rings and my feet are fine.

This is what I get to deal with every day all day. My toes don't touch the floor when I walk. My everything is swollen!!😔

Attachments

• WP_20150306_17_35_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150306_17_35_14_Pro.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 32
My hands and feet are swollen...but not too bad. However these past few days bending my fingers hurts a little. The weirdest thing though is that sometimes my leg swells and it's only one leg and not the other. Underneath the knee there's huge swelling till the middle of my leg, then theres a hole, then it swells again till my ankles. It looks very odd.

My feet and ankles are really swollen. They were in my other pregnancies, but worse this time I think. I'm on my feel pretty much all day so don't know if that makes a difference. I don't think I have Pre e as my blood pressure is low and there's never any protein in my urine.

I had severe edema with my daughter. My feet, ankles, and legs up past my knees would swell and it would hurt! I remember being 36 weeks and the nurse practitioner at the doctors office wanted to induce me right then and there because mine was the worst she had ever seen. I wish I would have taken a picture.

They thought for sure pre-e, but Bp was fine just lower, no protein in a 24-hour urine collection, etc. They did suspect that because I had gained a lot of weight during that pregnancy that my heart was having difficulties keeping up especially bc my Bp was lower than average.

It took more than 2 weeks after giving birth for the swelling to go down.

Hang in there, I've felt your pain before!

I had severe edema with my daughter. My feet, ankles, and legs up past my knees would swell and it would hurt! I remember being 36 weeks and the nurse practitioner at the doctors office wanted to induce me right then and there because mine was the worst she had ever seen. I wish I would have taken a picture.

They thought for sure pre-e, but Bp was fine just lower, no protein in a 24-hour urine collection, etc. They did suspect that because I had gained a lot of weight during that pregnancy that my heart was having difficulties keeping up especially bc my Bp was lower than average.

It took more than 2 weeks after giving birth for the swelling to go down.

Hang in there, I've felt your pain before!

This sounds like me except my Bp is high. I was gonna see if they would induce me early because I cant walk its so bad. My toes don't touch the floor when I walk because the bottom of them are so big. My hands face legs arms are all swollen. They thought pre e but no protein. Now I'm dealing with horrific heartburn

perplexed, have you shown your Dr.? Could be a blood clot -

Well I'm joining the group lol. Yesterday I noticed some swelling when I woke up, and today there's no change. Little freaked out about it suddenly appearing, especially since it took a good hour for my vision to be normal and not blurry. Have an appt Thursday and definitely bringing this up at it.

My feet get swollen every day - I try to keep them as elevated as possible. Rings starting not to fit and I feel so bloated in the belly. Just started around 35 weeks. I can rid myself of it with a weekend of my legs up, but going to work just makes it come back. :-(

I have some protein in my urin - but my blood pressure is still good!

My swelling seems to have not been getting quite as bad the last few days (not to the point of bruises anyway) but they still ach! Oh the fun times of pregnancy!

Mod19 - hope all checks out, but you are smart to bring it up!
DD80 - you must be close to going on your maternity leave? That should help keep the swelling down!
Cattie - mine swell so bad and I have a freaking desk job!! But my Dr. said being on the feet make it worse, so hopefully you can find some time to sit :)
Hopingwaiting - :hugs: I am sorry you are so miserable... I know how that is!!! Well, we pretty much all do really - haha. Hopefully you can get comfortable-ish for the last few weeks of your pregnancy

Oh dear, hope the protein is not a sign of pre-e! I'm glad your blood pressure is still good!

I remember that achy swelling with DS, it was so annoying! Unfortunately for us, it ended in severe pre-e....but I read everywhere that SWELLING IS NORMAL. So that is good! I can be totally normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->