How bad does piles hurt?

karenm28

Reaction score
Hi
To those who have had or have piles (haemorroids - sp?) how bad does it hurt?
The reason I ask is because my DH is driving me crazy. He got home from a business trip and is in agony. Yesterday he was saying how he must have got the worst ever level 4 category of piles and he can't walk. Today on my insistance he went to the docs (and it was a lady doc who had to put a finger up his bum!).
She couldn't even feel anything so nothing had come out.
Anyway he has got cream and suppositories or whatever they are called. He can't walk or move off the sofa. He was laid on his side all evening moaning every time he moved. He has now gone to bed.
I asked him to take the baby monitor up with him and he moaned saying he wouldn't be able to go to the baby if he woke up!?
I have the dishwasher and washer to sort out and all the toys to tidy as he can't do a thing.
He seems to be in a worse state that I was the day after my c-section :wacko:

So can anyone tell me - is this normal for piles or has he got the lowest pain threashold in the universe?

Sorry to anyone who suffers - I get mild problems with small fissures down there now and again myself so I know it can hurt but surely not this much?
If anyone can put me straight I will be nice to him honest.
Otherwise I'm gonna go mad! lol

Love K
xxx

I only ever got them once after lo was born the pain to me was worse than child birth :cry:

Really!? wow
Did you have a very bad case?

Is it similar for everyone?

I had them throughout my pregnancy but only mild, but they were made severely worse after giving birth!
It was uncomfortable, sore and itchy but I still managed to get things done, but saying that everyones pain threshold is different x

the piles i had after giving birth were bad, they only really caused pain when going to the toilet though, then the pain was awful, i told my mum i would rather be in labour, but apart from that, it was just a bit sore..but i know some people can really suffer with them.

i had them whilst pregnant and i was in agony so yes he's telling the truth i just wanted to curl up and cry, but if keeps using the cream it helps loads mine were bareable in about 3days and no pain at all after about a week (mine were huge)
hope he feels better and helps you soon x

the piles i had after giving birth were bad, they only really caused pain when going to the toilet though, then the pain was awful, i told my mum i would rather be in labour, but apart from that, it was just a bit sore..but i know some people can really suffer with them.

ha ha I agree labour was less painful for me.

Thanks ladies
Well he is still in agony and prefers to lie on the sofa making moaning and groaning noises rather than using his cream and taking any painkillers :wacko:
He didn't put his cream on until 8pm today so how is it gonna get better???
The doc couldn't feel any piles when she checked with her finger so they can't be massive and popping out etc.
But he has a big sore patch in his crack - I'm starting to wonder if it's an ulcer or something other than piles. I know ulcers down there can be extremely painful too.
Anyway he can't do a single thing - however I know he will make a miraculous recovery on Monday morning and trot off to work happy as Larry.
I honestly feel like I am caring for a disabled person. Am I a hardfaced cow?
I married a strong man and now he is a complete hypochondriac. There is always something up with him :cry:
We've all had colds for weeks but of course his has to be the worst ever cold in the history of mankind. Then he has a sore eye, now his arse.
By the way my baby climbed up and pulled a giant picture down onto my head and I have a painful bump the size of an egg - thank god my head saved it and it didn't get my baby (he is 14 months so toddler really) do I get any sympathy - no! do I complain? no!
Kaz
x

God how guilty do I feel!? He was in agony this morning so I took him to see emergency doc and he had developed a massive abscess on his bum...they had to operate this afternoon. He had to be under general anaesthetic and had to stay in overnight. Poor DH - he was in dreadful pain after all.
Kaz
x

Oh gosh poor fella :(

I still have mine from giving birth, they're uncomfortable but fortunately never had any pain. Hope your DH feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->