How can I get his medicine in him????

Cat

Reaction score
Well Noah is on day 2 of antibiotics and its not going well, its the stuff that is bright pink and pinnaple flavoured, but this stuff is evil, and Noah is hating me. It takes 2 of us to pin him down and force it down is throat, but even then he spits most of it back up again. Ihave tried mixing it in his breakfast cerial, and in a cup of ribeina ut he clocks it after one mouthfull, shuudders and starts screaming. I feel like the most evil woman alive but Im just really struggling to get him to swallow it, and we are going to run out from trying it again and again just to have it dribbble out the side of his mouth at us :(

Any tips??? I have another 8 days of this!!!

Well in the past 4 months Rebecca has been on 5 different antibiotics and I know how much a chore it is! We used a syringe for most of the time but lately we have been letting her take sips of the plastic spoon you get, letting her feel in control. it has taken us ages to achieve this tho :oops:

Syringe is cruel but it goes straight to the back of the throat and over, job done :D

Yeah I had the syringe once before, but either it wasnt far enough back in the mouth and he would e able to spit it out, or it was so far back he would choke on it and sometimes then throw up. I wish they could have iven him the banana stuff cause he likes that one.

What is he on? :D

rebecca has been on: Amoxycillin (Twice), Co-Amoxiclav, Klaricid and has just finished 2 weeks of Primicine.

Have you tried it in warm milk?
or mixing with mashed spud?

i have give ewan any meds in milk, its the only way i can get him to eat it!

Flucloxacillin. He had it before I think, well stuff that tasted and looked as evil anyway. But before he didnt have to have as much or as often so it wasnt quite as bad. Ihave tasted it and it really is nasty stuff.

we used to sit on Dior kris hold her arms sit on her legs ild hold her mouth open put the seringe far into her mouth squirt it then blow in her face so she literal chokes on it!!!!
omg i sound like i am abusing my child :shock: :shock: but you have to be cruel to be kind.

I agree with the cruel to be kind.

If Rebecca doesn't take it off the spoon, then bang she is tilted back, syringe to the throat and she gags, but its for the best. :oops:

No reports to SWD :p

If we've ever given Ella medicine and she's not happy to have it she'll cough til she pukes it back up. Best way for us is putting it on a spoon and giving it to her whilst she's eating. Normally I say something like mmmm, want some? yummy, she will take it off a spoon but totally refuses the syringe. She was on amoxicillin until this morning but is also on ibrofen and paracetamol, so quite a lot to get into her at the mo!

Well I think we have a system now. I lay him down on his back and use the spoon but after tipping the medicine in I hold the spoon in his mouth so he cant cough and spit it out. I then always make sure I have a nice drink or food for him afterwards to get rid of the taste.

Iwas worried that mixing it in his food might start to make him funny with eating meals so this seems to work well, cause I think he is learning that if he is good and has his medicine he gets to have something nice afterwards.

I had a special dummy with jonny that you put the medicine in and then sqirted in, like a syringe.

LynnieH said:
I had a special dummy with jonny that you put the medicine in and then sqirted in, like a syringe.
Haha

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Baby-Soother-Pacifier-Dummy-Medicine-Feeder-Calpol_W0QQitemZ130072309613

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jonelle-Baby-Soother-Dummy-Medicine-Dispenser-BNIP_W0QQitemZ170074757230

Cool idea!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->