How can I get rid of this constipation?!

nbedford

Reaction score
Hello, Im currently about 7 weeks along and im struggling with constipation :-( I have tried fiber bars, raisins, and fruit. It seems as if nothing is working. Any suggestions?

orange juice and prune juice are meant to be good :)
make sure you are drinking plenty of liquids every day

I'm having the same problem at the moment and I started drinking a lot of orange juice which really helps!!

I use fybogel's, take one every other day and they help to keep my regular. You can get them on prescription x

Mild laxative or stool softener. I use Colace. My mom is an OBGYN nurse practitioner... so she recommends this one to patients frequently.

I had constipation real bad, I tried stool softners and they didn't work, a prescribed laxative and it worked too well LOL

but I started eating bran cereal everyday and it made me much more regular, also make sure that you are drinking lots of fluid, I carry a big bottle of water with me and drink from it throughout the day now I get through about 2 1.5ltr bottles daily and I am sure this has helped too.

Can I just say I love you guys lol Iwas just about to post this lol im bloated crampy and feeling constipTed annd have.given myself a hemmroid bla

Smoothies? I bought an bottle of Innocent a few days ago and seems to have done the trick :) x

If you are taking a vitamin supplement with added iron in it then stop taking it for a few days and just take folic acid and vitamin D on their own. Some people find the amount of iron in stuff like pregnacare makes them very constipated. This happened to me and once I just took folic acid on its own I was fine. I get enough iron and the other vitamins from food anyway.

I have been suffering with this and I think the constipation causes cervical bleeding for me so I have tried everything to keep in under control! FOr me prunes made me bloated and gassy for a day and a half. What I found that works best for me is I cut out all hard cheeses :( I only eat cream cheese or cottage cheese now. ANd I eat one kiwi a day. I also try to drink some cocunut water, but not sure if that helps or not. The kiwi a day and cutting out cheese has helped tremendously for me. I'm vegetarian so I knew I was getting plenty of fiber and it wasn't til my friend stayed with me for a week (she and her husband are doctors) and she noticed I was eating cheese every day. She told me to stop and things got much better. Then the kiwi a day also seemed to keep things extra regular! Hope you find what works for you!

I started taking Zofran for nausea on Wednesday, which has been known to cause constipation and was getting worried last night because I hadn't had a bowel movement for a couple of days. My husband ran to the store to get some Milk of Magnesium for me, which my pregnancy book said is okay during pregnancy. The directions on the bottle said to take 2-4 tablespoons. I thought, "I'm pretty constipated, I'd better take 4 tablespoons." Big mistake! First of all, the liquid medication upset my stomach and I threw up my whole dinner about 20 minutes after taking it. The medicine must've gotten through to me somehow and not been vomited up with the rest of my food, because then this morning I had horrible watery diarrhea.

Review of Milk of Magnesia: way too effective at the highest dose. :nope: Also, can irritate the stomach and cause vomiting. After my diarrhea this morning I researched it and found out it's better to start off with a lower dose and see how that goes first. I think I'll try adding more fiber to my life through fruits and vegetables and psyllium husks to see if I can handle things naturally.

I started taking Zofran for nausea on Wednesday, which has been known to cause constipation and was getting worried last night because I hadn't had a bowel movement for a couple of days. My husband ran to the store to get some Milk of Magnesium for me, which my pregnancy book said is okay during pregnancy. The directions on the bottle said to take 2-4 tablespoons. I thought, "I'm pretty constipated, I'd better take 4 tablespoons." Big mistake! First of all, the liquid medication upset my stomach and I threw up my whole dinner about 20 minutes after taking it. The medicine must've gotten through to me somehow and not been vomited up with the rest of my food, because then this morning I had horrible watery diarrhea.

Review of Milk of Magnesia: way too effective at the highest dose. :nope: Also, can irritate the stomach and cause vomiting. After my diarrhea this morning I researched it and found out it's better to start off with a lower dose and see how that goes first. I think I'll try adding more fiber to my life through fruits and vegetables and psyllium husks to see if I can handle things naturally.

Zofran!

That must be it! That is def what is causing it for me! THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->