• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How can I keep cats off the garden?

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Next door but one neighbour has a 6 month old cat that has taken to digging and pooing in the bark on the front of our house! :hissy: I've caught her at it so know it's her.

Every single morning now for a fortnight I have had to go out and sweep the bark off the path back onto the garden.

I went into Wilkinsons yesterday to get some repellant and was told it was the wrong time of year to buy it, as it's put out with the garden stuff in the summer! :dohh: So, do cats not dig in the winter?? :dohh:

We'll be putting the Xmas lights up soon, and that includes 4 tiny Xmas trees with lights on that I put between the bushes. If the cats still digging, it'll go through the wires! :hissy:

I cant offer any advice but i completely sympathise! My next doors neighbours cat seems to like our garden too!!

:rofl: ive got images now of someone walking round their garden with a pepper grinder thing...bit here..bit there...

put orange peals down and a bottle full of water apparently they see their ref;ection and run a mile hahahaha

Get your OH to walk around the borders and pee!! Apparently they don't like that. He may want to do it under the cover of darkness..... :rofl:

Must be a lazy cat that doesn't dig though... my cats were so funny, they both refused to go outside full stop and I would find them flying through the door to run to the litter box and then run back outside again!

I have the same problem with cats . Unfortunately my dog Maddy is a bit partial to a bit of cat poo :sick: Oh well i'll send my DF out there tonight when he needs a pee :rofl:

The thing is with Maddy is that she is a boxer, so when she has finished eating she drools quite a bit!!! :sick:

Yep that's my Maddy! She ate one of my sons refreshers the other day and i honestly thought she was going to explode! she was foaming and drooling like a dog possessed!

Cats hate anything cytrus (sp?) so id squeaze some lemons on the bark and put the peeling there.

https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/010-2.jpg

Maddy is on the right and on the left is my new fur baby Lani :cloud9: any excuse to show them off lol

Citrus fruits sound a bit more user friendly than getting your man to pee...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"