How can I keep cats off the garden?

Get a water pistol! If you spray near the cat, obviously dont hit the cat, it should get the message.

anything that they can see their reflection in, they hate it apparantley

If you want actual repellent, try a pet shop that's where I've found it in the past. I've seen cat repellers online as well - they make an unpleasent sound for the cats. Oh and I'm pretty sure that man pee only works with foxes, not cats

cheapest way is defo orange peals and a bottle of water for reflection like i said earlier there scared if it haha

I have a cat in our front garden it must live by me cause it has a coller on so its not a stray it lays on the front lawn and sits on the wall and i over heard a neighbour saying i had a cat when i dont i have a dog Lol...

Its quite cute so i leave it my mums says they piss on ya plants and kill them cause there wee has somthing in it lol
that true ...

My mum had this problem and bought something off ebay which makes a high pitched sound and keeps them away. My mums not had any cats in the garden since she got it. I'll ask her later what it was for you.

Only thing is you won't be able to hear the high pitched sound (People over 30 can't apparently) but anyone under that age will be able to hear it, and it's really annoying. Sounds like ringing in your ears :lol:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONIC-CATS-D...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

That what my mum has got. You can use batteries in it or use mains power :)

Poison? :lol: j/k i promise.

Seriously, my grandad used to half fill bottles with water and leave them in amongst the plants (laid on their sides). Now they also use water pistols!

If you want actual repellent, try a pet shop that's where I've found it in the past. I've seen cat repellers online as well - they make an unpleasent sound for the cats. Oh and I'm pretty sure that man pee only works with foxes, not cats

Our neighbvours have one of those for our cats. Doesnt bother the cats at all. Its suposed to give off a noise so high pitched it bothers the cats but humans cant hear it. Well, the cats ignore it and its not quite high enough and we can hear it- and it hurts!!

Cat mint, it's ameant to work wonder!!

Are you joking?
Cat mint is the same as catnip, isn't it?
Wouldn't she then have every cat in the neighbourhood dropping in to get a buzz off their favourite drug?
Well, that could scare off the problem cat, I guess...

well think its a old wifes tale but

put glass milk bottles dwon with water in apparneley there scared of the refliction

Cat mint, it's ameant to work wonder!!

Hmmm, my neighbours cat used to sleep in our cat mint all day! We ended up putting little wooden poles up around all the herbs to try and stop her.

Get a cat yourself :p

Otherwise, invest in a pitchfork

Saying that though, I doubt a pitchfork would deter my cats. My boy cat goes in other peoples houses, so don't leave your doors open! The whole street and the next knows who he is!

I'm just laughing (sorry) picturing your garden now, with all of these hints and ideas at work. You've got your husband peeing, high pitched whistles, mirrors, water pistols, citrus peelings, and the list goes on.........good luck hun. I suggest borrowing a friend's dog for a while? My heart goes out to you. Take care.

You can get water resistant gel stuff to put down (eucalyptus and citrus based I think ... works ok) plus water pistolling them .. a bit of water wont hurt but a soaking them usually deters them for a while!
Also pepper ... but needs re-applying every couple of days ... once you have broken the cats habit they will no longer see your wood-chips as a litter tray!!

I have to say I cannot imagine the water/reflection thing working ... both my cats love their reflections!!!

Thanks everyone.:hugs:

We can't do the high-pitched thing as DH's grandad has one and we have to turn it off every time we go round there as DH can hear it! :dohh::rofl:

I've got a lovely jug of freshly squeezed OJ in the fridge and there are loads of peelings in between the bushes! :happydance:

Trying to talk DH into peeing in the middle of the night, but it's that cold here at the minute that he said it'll freeze and drop off!!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->