How can I prevent him from rolling onto his tummy during the night?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
The last few nights have been a nightmare. Josh keeps rolling onto his tummy while he's sleeping and then starts moaning because he's on his tummy and is half asleep :dohh:

I have some ''blocks'' type of thing I used to put around him to restrain him but he kicks them away. I don't mind him sleeping on his tummy, but he will moan half of the time and because he's half asleep he won't roll back onto his back most of the time. :dohh:

This usually happens around 3am until 5am ! He dreams a lot around that time too.

I need my sleep back!

If he isn't crying I would just leave him, especially since you dont mind him sleeping that way. Unless he really isn't crying thats what I would do.
Might be worth a try anyway.
Hope it gets better! :hugs:

I have this kind of sleep positioner for Charlotte:
https://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-3795343dt.jpg
That way she can't kick out of it. She's stopped using it now cause she will only sleep on her left side, but it was really good cause she used to kick the others away as well.

Sorry hun no advice just wanted to give some :hugs::hugs: Dec is a tummy sleeper so I never had any probs.

Same here jess max kicks the blocs away I just let put his blankie next to his tummy so he cant roll onto it lol

i went through the same strage with kira, she learnt to sleep on her front and how to roll back on to her back, have you tried a sleeping bag??? i found that stopped kira rolling a bit, and putting two blankets rolled up under neithe the sheets to stop her rolling over.

Seth is a bit like that. Sometimes when he sleeps on his tummy, but some nights (like tonight) everytime he does it he wakes up and cries.

Dont really know what to advise though.

Hope you're ok, havent seen you around much lately

xxx

Hi

I was given a support for Gabbi to prevent her from rolling onto her tummy. I'm not sure if it's home made though.

It has a long thick stuffed tube of material on one side for supporting back and head, and there is a smaller one attached via a think strip of material for the tummy. I alternate it each day, turn it round so she sleeps on different side each day. Does this make sense?? Sort of like an 'H' with one side shorted at top and bottom. Now does it make sense?????????

I will take a photograph and post it soon, but she's asleep at the mo, finally so I am NOT waking her!!!!!! It should be quite easy to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->