How can i stop them doing this? Is it legal?

lhancock90

2 toddlers, 1 MMC, WTT#3
Reaction score
We don't get on with our neighbours on the one side, at all. They are really quite rude.

One night when Ivy was colicy he came around and it sounded like he was trying to smash the door down he was knocking so hard, he had a go at us about her crying. They have two kids of their own, around 9 and 11 who literally scream and shout and swear and argue till gone 1 in the morning and we had never said a word. Because kids are noisy thats how it is! I can help a 6 month old colicy baby crying

Anyway, they keep parking so they block our drive. Its absolutely constant and its a nightmare, sometimes its tough to get the pram out bcause they pull so far onto the pavement! Examples;

This is the most common, pretty much all day every day like this, so literally, people struggle to pull onto my drive. We don't drive but our parents and friends do and loading the kids in their cars isn't safe to do on the road, they need to get onto the drive! But thanks to these arseholes they never can.
https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m524/lhancock90/10174960_10152469557389188_5872961273171388387_n_zpsc4cb68f2.jpg

Then theres this, several times a week, various vans or varying sizes.
https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m524/lhancock90/10384197_10152469227869188_7762172843776794786_n_zps7b919339.jpg

We are completely sick of it, its a joke, so my question is, is it legal?!?!

They have their own, huge drive that fits three cars. Usually only two parked on it. They seem to have and endless fleet of vans and cars!

Wtf?
1. Key the car/van
2. Yes it's illegal get it towed, and call the council and bug them for a white line. Send them the photos that you can't get the buggy out etc.
Xx

Wtf?
1. Key the car/van
2. Yes it's illegal get it towed, and call the council and bug them for a white line. Send them the photos that you can't get the buggy out etc.
Xx

Mental right? Like how do they not see what a problem they pose! Going to keep taking the photos aswell! Cataloging how bloody difficult they are making life!

Definitely! You can call the police and they will remove then you can give incident numbers and photos to your community liason officer at the local council. They have a little budget for such things.
Xx

Call 101 and they'll come around and get it moved for you!

Log and photo every incident and report them to the council/police. Also, sounds silly but have you asked them not to do it? If so I'd ask them again and if they continue get their can/van towed every time.

Log and photo every incident and report them to the council/police. Also, sounds silly but have you asked them not to do it? If so I'd ask them again and if they continue get their can/van towed every time.

Yeah i asked once, they didnt move it for another hour and then it was back the next day. At this point our relationship is quite strained and i know he can be abusive so i want to avoid the confrontation?

See if you can't petition to get the curb painted a "no parking" color (it's yellow or red here in the US, but I think another reply mentioned white) and/or a no parking sign. If you're successful, just call and have every vehicle they leave there towed until they get the idea.

Your neighbor sounds a right ass, especially for coming an complaining when your baby was colicy. Having kids of their own, you'd think he'd understand...

Again maybe make a log over a 2 week period so you have solid evidence that it not a one off and then go to the police.

We had this prob at the house we just moved from the van would hang over and meant I couldnt get our 4x4 on/off the drive. thankfully tho we had a better relationship with them so just asked and they would move it straight away...but they still did again.

Grrr :growlmad: next time you need to show them you mean business and call 101!

I agree, I'd call and get it towed every time. They'll get the point quick enough.

Wow they sound awful :growlmad:. Hopefully the police will be able to help.

Call the council and they will come tow it or give a ticket. Keep taking photos.

I didn't realise you could get them towed... if that's the case then do that. Sod em. :muaha:

I would ring the police, they can ask them to move it and you won't have to go round :) xx

It is illegal no one is aloud to block a drive off its just like not being aloud to park where there is a low down path where u cross

I would drop a polite note round just asking them to stop & see if they do.

From the second the note has been dropped, call 101 everytime they do it again. You cannot park over a dropped kerb unless the access is for your own property.

Parking over a dropped curb is illegal. Don't think I'd get it towed though if they're violent.

Parking over a dropped curb is illegal. Don't think I'd get it towed though if they're violent.

More aggressive than violent? Although from the screaming that goes on in the house god knows.

Firstly I want to say they are being really unreasonable and I would go mad if my neighbours kept doing this!

But, I've always been led to believe that it's not illegal if your drive is empty. It's illegal to block you from getting out but not if the drive is clear. I could be wrong but I'd double check that before you take it too far.

Hope I'm wrong and you can stop them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->