how can they be so wrong

kelly2903

mum2princess an expectin
Reaction score
i had my scan done today and its really eating at me..... 1st day of my last period was 14th october which by my dates im 8 weeks 5 days but my scan today said i was 5 week 5 days how can that be that would mean my last period was on the 4/5th november not conceiveing untill 12-14 days later i tested on the 18th and got a positive and got a digital postive stating 3 weeks + conception its all not possible is it????? i would have just conceived when i had done my test but u did my test the day aftermy next period was due its got to be wrong right???? i now have to wait till 20th jan to find out :growlmad: and i saw a heart beat so thats a positive note even though i didnt think you could see one that early???

but its now making me worry that baby isnt growing a a proper rate it should be :cry:

That doesn't make any sense to me.. how long are your cycles? I had my AF 2 days before u and my cycles are 35 days.. so i am at week 6. Don't worry hun you will be fine. Did you asked them why they moved the dates?

It depends on when you O'd. The calculations are done based on a 28 day cycle so if you didn't O till later like cd19 or cd20 or later then technically going by the date of your LMP is wrong. Me for example, going by LMP I am 7+2 but since I O'd cd19 I am pretty sure they will push me back 4 days so really I would be 6+6.

Same thing with me.....I went to get my first scan and I thought I was 7 weeks 3 days, and I only measured 5 weeks 3 days, the nurse said it was too early to see a heartbeat, had me sooooooo worried. I am not as worried as I have had no bleeding or cramping. I go back on the 23rd. The wait is unbearable!

Hi my due date and LMP don't match by scan I'm due 18/04/09 and my LMP was 18/06/09 there's almost a month between (shy of 4/3 days) does that mean I ovulated really really later in cycle like CD38-48 and or could they have it wrong by 2 weeks giving my ovulation date CD24-34 are ultrasounds that incorrect by 2 weeks I've had 5 scans 1st was at 9w1d and next was 12w1d and 3 others after plz help x

Can you pay for a private scan early next week to see that it has grown again? I think waiting till 20 Jan will just eat you up, but if you know that its growing then it will put your mind at ease and you can enjoy Christmas without worrying :hugs:

i have a normal 28 cycle cause i was on the pill......... and oly stopped taking pill late september because i had my break then came on again........... so it did mess my cycles up but i had last period when it was due i just had periods in between if ya no what i mean..... and then next period was due and obviously didnt come..............

but this is my concern mainly

if im 5 weeks 6days now

week 1 is period (my last period was not 5weeks 6 days ago)
week 2/3 is release of egg and fertlisation(i tested on week 2 i wouldnt have even conceived it would have been release of my egg i tested again 4 days later and got a digital that states 3+ but i would have only just an i mean just conceived) so the 1st test shouldnt have been a positive cause i wouldnt have actually been pregnant would i????

my partner said it could be a new pregnancy..... but i had no bleed so it cant be i havent had a period now for 9 weeks itsnot possible for me to be only 5 weeks pregnant as i couldnt have ovulated on day 28 (4 weeks after period) and any way like im saying above when i tested i wouldnt have actually been pregnant gggrrrrrrr i dont get baby could of been in a awkward position right makes measuring hard right?

Something definitely seems wrong about this to me, but I'm no expert! Could she be counting the weeks from conception rather than LMP? It doesn't seem to add up that the baby is 4mm and she could so easily hear a heart beat.

Did you talk to your doctor about this yet? You could also contact the ultrasound department, talk to the manager and explain the situation. Maybe this tech just sucks...?

if you skipped o'ving that month then you wouldn't have had a period. you only get your period after ov (at least that's what i've read doing research on ov) so if you didn't ov then maybe you just had a long cycle. there is another girl that had something like this happen in ttc

i no it really doesnt add up does it..... i think i might ring the us and tell them..... because its doing my head in now my baby should be bigger.... but then im thinking i saw the heartbeat clearly....... so baby might have been position funny............making it hard to measure.... also when i told her that was wrong she said well only way to find out proper is an internal scan but shedidnt do one just said come back at week 11gggrrrr

Was there a heartbeat? If so, that is good and maybe baby's grwoth will catch up by 12 weeks. The measurement taken by scan are accurate as baby is so small.

hun by my dates going by my LMP i would be due on the 16th may 2010 but when i went for a scan they changed my due date to the 2nd of June that is a difference of 2 weeks and 3 days i think. But i have had 2 scans after that and they all agree that 2nd of June is my due date so I obviously ovulated over 2 weeks later. The only thing i dont understand with you is that you say you took a pregnancy test when you think you would of been 4 weeks. But hun if there is a heartbeat then hopefully your just going through what i did and all will be well.

i no there not accurate but thats not in accurate its way out yes i saw a heart very clear heart beat xx

Hey hun, so this was an abdominal scan right?

I know when I had my internal scan at 7 weeks they dated me at 6+6, but then when I went for a scan a week later, they did an abdominal one and dated me at 6 weeks!

Erm, that made no sence to me! Anyway I had a private one two weeks after that and my dates were bang on!

Maybe you Ov'd late and are about 7-8 weeks but as she did and abdo, she couldnt get an exact calculation?!

This early its very hard to tell, she should have done and internal scan to get a better idea.

I would recommend having another, whether you can get it on the NHS I dont know, but Private ones are also worth every penny for reasurance.

Try not to worry, she just sounds like she was lazy!

Take care xxx

thanks love they have booked me another 20th jan but i hvae had it moved a week early rang them today and get it for 13th jan xx

How confusing! They should have done the internal when you questioned the dates! At least you get another one soonish so hopefully they will clear that up for you! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->